Strange Video Freezing
Hi.
I have just installed Atlantis Beta 1, and i have a strange problem with video playback. Videos begin playing perfectly but when they reach just a few seconds then sudendly freeze, the picture stays still on screen. XBMC remains not hung or anything (the ui keeps responding), it's just that the picture stays still even if the time counter keeps going on. If I restart the video, it will play again until it freezes at the very same moment the previous time did. All these videos play perfectly outside XBMC and they are not HD or anything (they are just common bitrate divx).

My htpc is not actually very powerful, since it's an Athlon XP 1800 with 512 mb and an ATI Radeon 9200, but i think it should be enough for playing video.
¿Anyone knows what could i do in order to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

P.D: Sorry for my poor english Tongue
Hi Arbelto,
For sure a debug log snippet showing the problem would help for troubleshooting.
I had a similar problem with some of my divx and I realized the audio output was set to digital. Divx with AC3 audio track were all freezing consistently after a couple of seconds with the behavior you describe...
Take a look at your audio setting and try putting it back to analog to see if it helps.
Are all your videos freezing or only some?
cheers
I also belive that ffmpeg doesent handle broken avi's as good as other players wich can cause hang. make sure that the avi's are not broken. when to much broken frames is detected ffmpeg seems to hang.
You should also download the latest ati drivers- this fixed my hang problem with some avi files.
Finally, it was a problem with audio drivers. After installing them correctly, all videos play smoothly and now i can trully enjoy xbmc and my htpc Smile
Thanks to all !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Video Freezing0