Solved Using @ in Edge browsers freezes pages on this site.
Hi, Using both stable, Dev & Canary releases of MS Edge on Windows. (Same attempts in Edge on Debian or Edge on Arch have the same outcome)
The very second I type in an '@' to address a post to a member the page freezes, eventually prompting me to wait or exit.
Pasting the ampersand also freezes the page with the eventual Wait.
Choosing Wait comes back and exit returns 'There was a problem with that page'
It then exits the site altogether.
This only happens on Chromium based browsers in Windows 11 as Mozilla is unaffected.
@otinley Writing this in Version 124.0.2478.51 (Official build) (64-bit) of Edge on Windows as a test, and seems to be working fine here.

Can you test in an InPrivate window to confirm that there's not something local getting in the way?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

@DarrenHill

Thanks Darren.
It does not happen InPrivate.
@DarrenHill

I have disabled all extensions and the issue is not present, so I will go by process of elimination.
Thanks.
@DarrenHill,

Ironically it is Microsoft Editor: Spelling & Grammar Checker v1.8.0 that is the culprit.  No
Useful to know for the future in case we get more reports.

Nice to see they're keeping up their reputation Wink

Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using @ in Edge browsers freezes pages on this site.0