Information Possible to exclude mp3 files when flac files are available?
Music 
I have a decent sized music library on a media server I've pointed Kodi to. A good sized chunk of albums I have in flac format, and also have in mp3 format for other devices. For these albums, the songs are duplicated. Is there a way to exclude mp3 files if flac files are available? From what I've looked at I can include a .nomedia file in these duplicate folders to have Kodi ignore them, but if there is a less manual way I can do this I would prefer that.
Thanks!
(2024-04-24, 18:22)DudBolts Wrote: I have a decent sized music library on a media server I've pointed Kodi to. A good sized chunk of albums I have in flac format, and also have in mp3 format for other devices. For these albums, the songs are duplicated. Is there a way to exclude mp3 files if flac files are available? From what I've looked at I can include a .nomedia file in these duplicate folders to have Kodi ignore them, but if there is a less manual way I can do this I would prefer that.
Thanks!

Out of curiosity, what type of media server are you running ?   This might be something better suited to a client type addon for it.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
It is a raspberry pi running OpenMediaVault. The media is shared over my network through miniDLNA and SMB
(2024-04-25, 23:52)DudBolts Wrote: It is a raspberry pi running OpenMediaVault. The media is shared over my network through miniDLNA and SMB

I author the Mezzmo Kodi addon which has support for a broad range of DLNA servers.  I could look to add this type of functionality into the addon but you'd need to first test it and ensure it works OK with your DLNA server.  I find that because the DLNA metadata varies from server to server, I sometimes have to tweak the XML parsing of the server responses.  The latest 2.2.0.4 code had some tweaks for miniDLNA and Gerbera servers. 

The Mezzmo Kodi addon won't help with SMB shares directly to a client but will with any DLNA sharing.

If you want to look into this further, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Sure, I'd be down to try Mezzmo. Let me look into installing this add-on and I will report back with how it works.
(2024-04-30, 21:51)DudBolts Wrote: Sure, I'd be down to try Mezzmo. Let me look into installing this add-on and I will report back with how it works.

Ok. If you have issues let me know. The addon has the ability to log server XML responses for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to exclude mp3 files when flac files are available?0