Skinners can add "Suspend" and "Hibernate" buttons now to the shutdown-menu
Thumbs Up 
http://xbmc.org/topfs2/2008/09/23/skinne...hibernate/

Note that this is perfectly backwards compatible and any additions works on the Xbox aswell. Although note that Suspend and Hibernate doesn't work on Xbox due to Hardware limitations.

Also very much worth to know is that XBMC.Restartapp that currently doesn't work well in OSX, Win32 and Linux is working in XBMC Live so don't take away that action if anyone planned to do so Wink

Cheers, Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
thanks for this function! i have been waiting for this!
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
So know we can have a button on XBMC to suspend the computer?
CASHMON3Y Wrote:So know we can have a button on XBMC to suspend the computer?
Yes, read:
http://xbmc.org/topfs2/2008/09/23/skinne...hibernate/
and:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions
and:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Built_In_Scripting

Nod
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I'm pretty sure I can do it with an additional onclick action but it'd be nice if when hibernating/suspending the shutdown menu would close so it isn't the first thing you see when resuming.
Freddo Wrote:it'd be nice if when hibernating/suspending the shutdown menu would close so it isn't the first thing you see when resuming.
+1

I like that too Nod
Follow up: As of r18571 skinners have even more options

These are skinning conditionals.
  • System.CanPowerdown
  • System.CanSuspend
  • System.CanHibernate
  • System.CanReboot

The idea about these is that even though systems might differ ie xbox can´t suspend/hibernate mac´s usually never hibernates (I think they can though) and ATV as I have understand doesn´t powerdown but rather only suspends. So this is will hopefully be a great way for skinners to make the skins feel more native.

Also some time ago we added
  • XBMC.Minimize()
As an action for those that want to minimze instead of exiting.
I guess we might add a CanMinimize aswell as on standalone systems (XBMC Live and ATV) we don´t allow minimze Smile

I plan on adding some more of these that has to do with powermanagement, say System.HasBattery System.OnBattery / System.OnAC and so on.
If you have any such that any skinner would need please ask about them here.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Just to clarify, OSX does "Sleep" and "Safe Sleep"

Sleep is similar to Suspend.

Safe Sleep is similar to Hibernate but you only get to choose to "Sleep".

When put to sleep, OSX will prep for a Safe Sleep (ram contents to disk). If power gets yanked or battery pulled, it seems to know to pull ram contents from disk. All this happens behind the curtains and eliminates the confusion of Suspend/Hibernate for novice users.
Nice, really happy with the minimize function. Thanks Smile
davilla Wrote:Just to clarify, OSX does "Sleep" and "Safe Sleep"

Sleep is similar to Suspend.

Safe Sleep is similar to Hibernate but you only get to choose to "Sleep".

When put to sleep, OSX will prep for a Safe Sleep (ram contents to disk). If power gets yanked or battery pulled, it seems to know to pull ram contents from disk. All this happens behind the curtains and eliminates the confusion of Suspend/Hibernate for novice users.

Ah cool, that´s actually quite smart

Also now I get why the heck osx does sleep on both suspend and hibernate Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skinners can add "Suspend" and "Hibernate" buttons now to the shutdown-menu0