Mod From Madnox
https://github.com/rubiconnox/MadNoxMod
What is this? Exactly?
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Look. Maybe you will find something useful for your work.
I did it for myself.
Not sure if I should get involved here.

I noticed some irregularities between Madnox versions so I forked a copy on GitHub using the latest from Mr. V.

I merged some things after the fact while working with Kittmaster and here is a diff between my version and rubicon's.

I also see some code from my Aeon Nox skin that doesn't seem to fit, not sure about the reason for that Huh
Yes, sure. I actually took the code Mr. V and yours. And he did it on his own. Fixed some bugs Mr. V and added his own preferences. This is especially true for Music. With respect to you.
(2024-04-29, 06:22)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Not sure if I should get involved here.

I noticed some irregularities between Madnox versions so I forked a copy on GitHub using the latest from Mr. V.

I merged some things after the fact while working with Kittmaster and here is a diff between my version and rubicon's.

I also see some code from my Aeon Nox skin that doesn't seem to fit, not sure about the reason for that Huh

Absolutely want you involved, you've been covering my back since the git go, I found the original message cryptic and I wasn't about to download anything since that repo was just created. The only saving grace was that the member has been a member here for 10 years even with a low post count. I'm glad you looked at it and can see all the changes and can speak to them accordingly. 

I did review the diff, there a lot of changes, lots graphical which is a different touch with the same artwork.  

I think the intention was overall a good thing to help give me some inspiration which is always appreciated as I do like input from all angles, good, bad, or indifferent. I just think the message could have been sent a with a little more explanation as to not have the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I did load up the skin itself and had some install issues with it, but made a few changes and got it to install on Nexus 20.5 and overall I can see some the things that will be things to consider changing going forward and will enhance the overall experience. 

As far as code borrowing, I'm sure that is frustrating to see happen when you were not made aware it was being lifted and I thought that was mostly "ok" but usually you're supposed to let the author know as a courtesy and didn't happen in this case as you would have been aware of these changes? But I guess that is not really a hard and fast rule since it is all basically public domain being on a public GitHub.... but I digress.

I will carry on trying to fix the issues that we've been working on, but to Rubicon, I will and have your skin versioned and will certainly see what creative elements I can incorporate (as you seem to be ok with that) as I get stronger dev'ing this skin. It certainly has been a challenge, but I'm game for that type of stuff, so thanks for contributing to Madnox!! Smile

Unless Mike as more to say on the code borrowing, I guess for now are well all ok? If not, let me know what you want/need me to do Mike, even if that means a PM to keep it out of the public eye.

All the best,
Chris
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Nope, by all means use any code. It’s just the code added, that I linked to, doesn't make sense and wouldn’t do anything.

My comment wasn’t meant to cause concern. I just don’t know what your local skin copy has and I didn’t want to assume anything since it looks like the copy I used from your repo is based off of the Leia branch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mod From Madnox0