[MAC] 'hot key' (hotkeys / hotkey) keymapping in keymap.xml by default for Mac keys?
Lightbulb 
http://forum.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=501
dustyny Wrote:Guys,

I don't like the fact that Boxee completely takes over my mac. I understand that it's a port from a completely different platform so I don't expect it to react like a native application but it should at least allow the basic Mac hot keys to pass through.

The following commands should never be blocked by any mac application IMHO.
Cmd-Q Quit application
Cmd-Shift-Q Quit all applications and log out
Cmd-H Hide application
F11 Hide all windows

These seem like they are graphics intensive so I can understand if these hot keys cause problems with the app. If they can't be done in the near term it would be nice if they were available down the line.
Cmd-Tab Switch to next application
F8 Toggle Space
F9 Show all open windows
F12 Open/close Dashboard
No reason not to implement these into keymap.xml

I do not think these would break anything on any XBMC supported platform? Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i think plex already handles this.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
All the F keys should work fine already, other than F12 which won't show dashboard on top of XBMC while we're in fullscreen - it will in window mode.

The others will possibly work if we ignore the keypresses in SDLKeyboard.cpp? Plex currently ignores all qualifier + letter presses in there. I'm not sure if that is enough or not (my keyboard is currently MIA).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] 'hot key' (hotkeys / hotkey) keymapping in keymap.xml by default for Mac keys?0