Iso Files Freezing after 8 seconds
Hopefully you guys can help out a newbie here.

I just installed XBMC Atalantis on my Vista machine and everything works perfectly except for my movies that are ripped into ISO format. When I hit play on any file, and I have try many, the movie will start to play then 8 or 9 seconds into every file the file stops playing. There is also no sound for those 8-9 secondsThis is a clean install as it is the first time I've installed XBMC. I have a ATI hd2400 video card and it is a fairly new machine.

I have tried searching for a couple of days and I can't seem to track anything down. Anyone have an idea as to how I can remedy this? Thanks in advance!

Adam S.
I am having exactly the same problem Sad
Have you activated digital audio passthrough?
If you have, try to inactivate all other sound devices in windows and make sure that the digital output is the default choice in soundmanager in windows.
watzen Wrote:Have you activated digital audio passthrough?
Yes.

Quote:If you have, try to inactivate all other sound devices in windows and make sure that the digital output is the default choice in soundmanager in windows.
I'll give it a shot, thanks.
and also check that the digital output has enabled the capabilities that xbmc requires (AC3 and DTS)

Found some images on the web that show the settings:
ImageImage
Thanks Watzen, much appreciated. I'll check this out after the missus gives me back the TV Smile
For anyone searching and finding this thread, I was able to solve the problem by updating my mobo audio drivers. I can now play VOBs and ISOs without problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Iso Files Freezing after 8 seconds0