Font Sizing
First let me say GREAT SKIN!!! I do love this on my ubuntu box. the quality is unbelievable. I would not change a thing if all I was using it on was a 22" monitor with ubuntu. The problem that I see is when I try to use it on my 36" TV. no it is not a highdef tv. nope not lcd or plasma... just a plain old 36" TV that I got around 5 years ago. Almost all the text is small and fuzzy. very fuzzy, and since the tv does not picture a crisp clear letter it makes it almost impossible to read. Does the team test this skin on a regular TV or only monitors and HDTVs?

So my problem is with all the plot previews, and the settings section. I can not see them unless I get up and move within 5 feet of the TV. And even then the text is fuzzy. I do not have screenshots since I am at work but I will try to get them later tonight. I Love this skin and will still be using it (probably with one of the modes for just cover art since I can not read plots anyways) for a long time. I will also play with the +5 font that was mentioned through this skin.

Thanks again for all the hard work on this skin. it does look amazing and I do appreciate everything that the team has done.

SoBBie
The new font sizing appeared in Mediastream 0.95 is a great job, that users with some screen problems were waiting for.
Congratulations!

But would it be possible to add a new third option to the current skin font settings (Configure > Appearance > Skin Fonts > Bigger/Massive) that could be named Narrow, to restore the previous font and its narrowed sizing?
(that people with no problem of screen readability could take benefit from)

=> as other posts said: of course some current English text are now overlapping
=> but, even worse: most of the localizations include slightly longer texts when translating English, and then the "bad" overlapping effects are far more present.

Then I would really find useful to get this suggested new Skin Font settings called Narrow, enabling to restore the previous font sizing for screen that can support it.

Thanx to all of you, Mediastream is a great job...
We just want to reach the prefect!
Hallelujah!

My previous wish of adding the "old" narrowed font (before Mediastream 0.95) available in the skin settings has made come true:

=> version O.96.5 proposes several alternative fonts to the (new) "Default" one, including "Alt Default" which is exactly the "old" narrowed one... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Font Sizing0