Font Sizing
One of the main complaints (or at least one of the most common anyway) is that some text is not big enough to see could we make it bigger. We've added new font sets (Bigger for 4x3 and Bigger or Massive for non-4x3) to try and alleviate the problem and thankfully these do seem to work for a number of users but there still seems to be a few users out there who are still struggling.

We can't just increase font sizes across the board as it would just mess up certain parts of the skin (where the area the text resides is not big enough to accommodate large fonts) so we've added increases to the fonts that we think would be most needed.

I'm starting this thread so that if there are any users out there that have tried the Bigger (and Massive if non 4x3) font sets and they still need further changes then they can detail them here.

To request a change please detail which resolution you are running in, which font set you are using and then details of the text size that needs changing (detailed screen and text info or a screenshot if possible) and we'll see what we can do
Thumbs Up 
THANKS!!

I have upgraded to .92 and the fonts work great for me...

I will examine closer to see if any fields are over crowded or what not...

Now we just need icons for "up a level" and this will make navigation easier. I noticed the request for a GUI button...that may be nice too for noobs or women. haha (mine would kill me if she read that)

Thanks again...Wonderful Skin.

I have gotten multiple people interested in the XBMC project as a whole now that it runs on multiple platforms and this awesome skin.
I'm using 0.92 on my Xbox, and changing the font setting has no effect on the font size, making the list screens (which I use mostly) difficult to read.
Is there something I'm missing here?
Second that, no difference in font readability on xbox attached to 32" 16:9 CRT, whether i choose massive or bigger.

I had to bump up the size of each font type manually by 5 in font.xml to be able to use mediastream without having do digg my googles out of the basement.
As I said above:

Quote:To request a change please detail which resolution you are running in, which font set you are using and then details of the text size that needs changing (detailed screen and text info or a screenshot if possible) and we'll see what we can do
I'm using v93 and I still get no difference in font sizes between default, bigger, and massive.

My resolution on my xbox is 4:3 NTSC

Too small of fonts for my aging eyesight.
As far asI remember you won't see any difference on the settings screens but the plot info's for episodes/movies etc should definitely be affected by the font set you select
I am using the latesst T3CH build of XBMC, plus the latest MediaStream Skin on a 27" 4:3 NTSC tv, and the font's are still really hard to read throughout the entire skin, especially the plot/season info. I took a bunch of screenshots, but excuse my ignorance i dont know where/how to upload them. I have tried the massive and bigger fonts, rebooting after each change but nothing has helped.

If you want screenshots, i can provide them....sigh i just need some instructions where i can upload them. Fawk sound like a damn newbie hahaha

Cheers!
wyild1

If you could up some of your screenshots to the likes of www.imageshack.us that would be perfect then paste the links in here and we can have a proper look at the issue.

D
They were really small for me too so I went through font.xml and increased everything +5 as another thread on the MediaStream forum suggested.

There are some overlap issues but I barely pay attention to them, the benefit of being able to read is worth it IMO.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Right Font issues and screenshots I dont see unless you using the same harware that anyscreenshots are gonna help at all because you will be seing how it shows on your screen not mine or anyother joe user

So I'm posting one screenshot and the rest Pics of the screen with a 5megapixel camera which is as close as you get to the real deal unless your sitting in front of my own TV or anyone elses....

http://tinyurl.com/4xv4vj

The perfect screenshot shows the rss TXT against backround its hardly visible and thats a perfect screenshot

The other two are cropped pictures that I took of the screen on the TV for some bizzare reason the white comes out whiter than it actually shows and although unreadable on the pictures its very clear on screen but you get a good enough idea about the other skin txt which remains same size regardless of what size I choose on skin which is the version released XBMC t3ch beta1 Atlantis

Issues are context menu and obviously selected text and general contrast of the font against select/non selected generaly I have trouble reading it seating on the sofa two meters away.

Same with general fonts on skin which are narrow and dont forget here unlike most people perhaps, for instance my eyesight since birth cannot be corrected 100% which mean I see but 70%~80% of what normal people see if you make a general skinfont for all menus like that on some normal Tv's and from a distance coupled with eyesight issues and it's no longer a problem of being able to reproduce it on your set ups....

Hopefully you'll get a general idea of what so many ppl are moaning about but all I have to say is where theres smoke theres fire... worth playing with a different font altogether? Its up to you...

As a old sk00l Gfx Designer that is used to tampography, serigraphy and other odd things and mostly working with massive plotters and coreldraw for advertising/vinyl cutting Logo design etc, that got started with Photoshop only less than 3 years ago I have to say Painting whatever on 10 metersx7 Meters wall and using Photoshop for gfx design on the web its a great difference and the audience is harder to please because the canvases e.g. TV/LCD/CRT screens that display one single picture take on so many different sizes and shapes and are better and worst quality than your own... a wall is just one wall and and even diffrent walls the result is the same because the canvas remains constant.

I doubt Mikebeecham would ever want to but if you ever need someone to play with Photoshop and pitch in other ideas you know where to find me...

On another note Its a great looking skin nice concept and with a much better potential as well as true originality than some other skins that well are just well mastered great rips offs... In the end a fake is a fake and the original is worth way more...
Morning

Here are a few screenshots

http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image...000ab9.png

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image...001jk8.png

http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image...009bb0.png

http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image...010kj1.png

http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image...004dy6.png

Hope this helpes!

Cheers!
I agree with X3lectric. This skin is awesome but the fonts problems made very hard to apreciate it in its full glory.

Don't get me wrong I love your effort to make this skin wprk on 4:3 Tv sets like mine but still fonts are too small and things really are hard to read.

Anyway Ill keep testing the new releases of this skin until I get one with a font I can read. I really love this skins and want to use it 24/7 on my xbox.
X3lectric Wrote:Issues are context menu and obviously selected text and general contrast of the font against select/non selected generaly I have trouble reading it seating on the sofa two meters away.

Yea I agree, I didn't know if anyone else was seeing this, but I made a thread and got no response: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37576

It'd be nice to know where the team is headed with respect to these issues. At least some reassurance (or not Tongue) that these issues are being worked on.
Guys please bear with us we are looking into the font issues and looking at the possibly of including a second alternative font.

D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Font Sizing0