• 1(current)
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] XBMC does not playback all RVMB files?
Question 
So many rmvb file is not play at XBMC_for_Windows-Atlantis-Beta_1

RVMB is not support by XBMC_for_Windows-Atlantis-Beta_1 ?

or have Other way to make XBMC_for_Windows-Atlantis-Beta_1 support RMVB file ?
no its not supported by ffmpeg which XBMC "DVDPlayer" use nearly exclusively nearly on all of the ports to decode video

the xbox use Mplayer to play them
Right, none of the Real formats have really ever been all that well supported. They're awful anyway Smile
RMVB (just like AVI or MKV) is only a container, not a codec format, RMVB can contain a number of different RealMedia audio and video codec versions, the newest versions of which is not supported by FFmpeg (the open source codec suit that XBMC uses). Read this article for more information:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Codec_and_Format_requests

XBMC for Xbox can play RMVB files because uses MPlayer as its media-player and XBMC for Linux, Mac and Windows do not.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Players

MPlayer can load and use RealMedia binary DLL codecs files which you can copy from RealPlayer (semi-illegal), the player in XBMC for Linux, Mac and Windows does not have the function to load load and use RealMedia binary DLL codecs files.

Confused
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Not support rmvb is on law?

I found some FFMPEG is support rmvb ,but files replace xbmc dvdplayer is let xbmc.exe can't run....

Oh....

Wish next version Full support RMVB & VC1 VIDEO DECODE
Hey at least the third line made sense Wink
Is there any chance to update the codec to support RMVB file playing ?

Now it can only play audio inside the RVB file, no video comes out.
Hi

Noob here, I've been trying to look through the section but can't find an answer I need.

I just purchased the AppleTV and applied the Boxee/XBMC patch and updated them. Anyway, I got into XBMC and tried to play some files. I can play AVI files, m4v, mpg, but.. every time when I want to play an rmvb file, I can hear the sound, but no video.

help please!
Can't play here either.
I just get the filelist staying on the screen and no sound either (can't move around the filelist screen either once I hit play, so I guess it thinks it is playing).
Play fine on the Xbox XBMC - Mplayer issue maybe?
See: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34553

and read:
Gamester17 Wrote:RMVB (just like AVI or MKV) is only a container, not a codec format, RMVB can contain a number of different RealMedia audio and video codec versions, the newest versions of which is not supported by FFmpeg (the open source codec suit that XBMC uses). Read this article for more information:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Codec_and_Format_requests

XBMC for Xbox can play RMVB files because uses MPlayer as its media-player and XBMC for Linux, Mac and Windows do not.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Players

MPlayer can load and use RealMedia binary DLL codecs files which you can copy from RealPlayer (semi-illegal), the player in XBMC for Linux, Mac and Windows does not have the function to load load and use RealMedia binary DLL codecs files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
When I try to play an rmvb file - xbmc hangs. I was able to get an rmvb file to play audio only - but at the same time - atv refuse to respond to the remote, end up having to do a hard reboot.
Currently config:
ATV 2.1
xbmc/boxee laucher 0.8
xbmc atlantis

1. is rmvb format supported for xbmc_atv?
2. if xbmc hangs - is there a way to do force quit on the xbmc instead of hard reboot to get atv back up and running?
Hi,

I have installed xbmc for windows on my HTPC but it failed to run rmvb files successfully, there is sound though.

What must I do to make it work?

thanks in advance!
Crappy proprietary codecs and open source don't mix.
I couldn't get mine running either but I tried Jester's SVN and it worked. But like althekiller said, they really don't mix, but you can play them, doesn't look good but you can play them.
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 Wrote:I couldn't get mine running either but I tried Jester's SVN and it worked. But like althekiller said, they really don't mix, but you can play them, doesn't look good but you can play them.

What is this SVN? I have loads of rmvb files, so I am desperate to get it work even if its crappy... thanks!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] XBMC does not playback all RVMB files?0