• 9(current)
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] XBMC does not playback all RVMB files?
Thank you Gabbott!!
hello everyone, first post here.

Ive been a XBOX/XBMC from a while and decided to upgrade to an ACER Revo 1600 with XBMC...

currently, i used the minimal installation of ubuntu kardic 9.10 for it, following different guides regarding drives, installing xbmc, etc.

im now inside XBMC, and it looks great. but when i add as a source my networked hard drive (netgear wndr3700)...i see everything but my rmvb files.

I added the advancedsetting.xml file inside the userdata folder with the <add>.rmvb</add> command with no success..

any idea?

thanks
Enable debug logging and restart XBMC, then look at xbmc.log to see if there is any error parsing advancedsettings.xml. Also pop the xbmc.log on pastebin.com so we can take a look.

JR
it seems that it was an issue with the upnp connection changed the harddrive directly to the revo and it worked.
well yes, the upnp server only shares the files it can understand. use smb.
didnt know that...but changed to smb and everything seems to work fine. now to mess with the not so good reproduction of RMVB files...
It seems XBMC 10 doesn`t like RMVB files. It plays with low FPS.

I had to go back to XBMC 9.11, which is just fine!

Anyone also with this problem?
thanks

Win7 x64
Hi! Me too!!!
I noticed this problem also... so i have to convert all my rmvb files to avi Sad
I notice the same issue as Electric Flute, playing rmvb is low FPS, it's slow; whereas using windows media centre with codecs play really well...... Still can't find any solutions yet
I noticed this as well. It looks like one of my cpu cores gets pegged when running an rmvb, thats probably why its choppy. I wonder if there's a way to offload the decoding to graphics hardware or at least spread the load out across the other available cores. I'm running an atom+ion box btw.
Looks like the bug was fixed back in 9.11, but has reappeared in 10.
Sad 
NOTICE: fps: 25.000000, pwidth: 1280, pheight: 720, dwidth: 1280, dheight: 720

NOTICE: fps: 23.976024, pwidth: 640, pheight: 360, dwidth: 640, dheight: 360

NOTICE: fps: 23.976024, pwidth: 640, pheight: 272, dwidth: 640, dheight: 272

All not full of their fps. Any patch to internal player?

The PotPlayer is so good, and other external players as well.
I'm having same issue with rmvb files. tried v11 on W7 x86, they are choppy.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] XBMC does not playback all RVMB files?0