• 4(current)
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] XBMC does not playback all RVMB files?
I cant find the xbmc.log: /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/xbmc.log

I logged in the aTV SFTP and I see all the folders but Users.
makasu Wrote:I cant find the xbmc.log: /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/xbmc.log

I logged in the aTV SFTP and I see all the folders but Users.

It's there. Perhaps if you post what you do see, then I can maybe tell where you have gone wrong.
I have the same problem infact my problem is loading rmvb. If the rmvb is load from smb network. It takes like 2-3 mins to open it. Same file copy to local. It load much faster like around a couple second. This only happens to rmvb. I wasn't loading any big files it's like 2xx mb. I don't think it's network speed cause I load like 1gb of a avi file on the network it load in a couple second.

here is my log and you can see the timestamp of when I load and it actually play in about 3 mins
http://pastebin.com/m7554c130
anyone had an idea?
I don't know what the solution is, but I am experiencing the mentioned problem using XBMC on both Windows 7 as well as Windows XP.

RMVB playback appears to be choppy/not smooth for both machines. It also does take longer to open the RMVB files. What I have found is that XBMC appears to copy the entire RMVB file from the network share to the local machine before starting to play it.

On the Windows 7 machine that is connected to the share via Gigabit network, a ~200MB RMVB file takes about 4-5 seconds to load. On my WinXP laptop connected to the share over Wifi, the same file would take a couple minutes to open. Task manager indicates high Wifi utilization during the full couple minutes.

Also, if I simply use Windows mapped network drives and Real Alternative or mplayer to play the RMVB files, there are no problems with the streaming and choppy/unsmooth playback.
I'm running XBMC for Windows 9.04.1 r20672 and I'm running into an issue whenever I try to play RMVB files. From what I can tell, XBMC tries to read the whole RMVB file before it starts playing it. It's no big deal when the file is stored on the same machine since reading the whole file is quick then, but when a large RMVB file is stored on a network drive (especially wireless network), it can sometimes take 10 minutes before the file starts to play. I've attached a sample log file, showing a 180MB RMVB file being playing over a 100Mbit connection. From the log file the delay is a bit over 20 seconds. However, on my production setup, I have a wireless connection, so the delay for just this file is probably around double that. And the delay for my 700MB files is crazy long.

Before I put together a bug report I just wanted to find out if this is a known issue, etc.

My log file: EDIT: see below ...

Thanks
Harry

EDIT: Didn't realize there's logs and then there's debug logs Smile

So here's the full debug log of me trying to play a RMVB file over a wireless conection using my HTPC: http://pastebin.com/f54e8b678
Hello,

I'm running ATV 2.4 and the latest release of XBMC, HD connected to ATV and everything run smooth, no problems to play movies in AVI, M4V, MP4 formats, but when playing RMBV files the system played at a lower FPS rate (at least that's what it looks like) it also take a little bit more time to read the file and start playing, but I'm not concerned by a couple of more seconds.

When reading the XBMC log file I found the following :

17:35:18 T:2684407808 M: 41193472 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: /Users/frontrow/Movies/Rockola/Movies/Smoking Aces.rmvb
17:35:18 T:2684407808 M: 41168896 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:35:38 T:51398144 M: 3035136 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: RealVideo 4.0
17:35:38 T:53334528 M: 4075520 NOTICE: fps: 12.000000, pwidth: 672, pheight: 288, dwidth: 672, dheight: 288

I've only include some of the log lines, if more lines are needed, please let me know and I'll get it from the atv, but I believe this lines can show you the difference in FPS between AVI and RMVB files playback :

17:37:16 T:2684407808 M: 4517888 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: /Users/frontrow/Movies/Rockola/Peliculas/10,000 BC.m4v
17:37:16 T:2684407808 M: 4505600 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
17:37:17 T:54534656 M: 4853760 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
17:37:19 T:54544896 M: 5799936 NOTICE: fps: 25.000000, pwidth: 688, pheight: 272, dwidth: 688, dheight: 272

I hope anyone can help me fix this issue, I've severals RMVB files and would like to avoid converting those files into AVI or any other format to be able to play it correctly in ATV w/XBMC.

Thanks !!!!

Carlos
hai guys. im having the same issue any idea to resolve this..i did use mplayer as an external player for rmvb..but its manage to get audio n the video playing at the back of xbmc..i did try to set forceontop=true but its still same.
I have same problem, open RMVB file very very slow
zivtong Wrote:I have same problem, open RMVB file very very slow

Please re-read the above posts, and then read this...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124

There are people on the forum who are willing to help. But no-one can guess what a problem might be. It could be your files, it could be versions of software (NEVER just say "latest"), it could be network, etc, etc. There are too many possibilities and no useful information provided generally means no useful help can be offered.
I tried Live, Mac and WINDOWS version
ALL RMVB FILE, when click it, just wait ,some file need to wait 10second,
some need to more. most file are over 1MIN!!!
if other format like avi is better respond , no need to wait to much

I try Windows Vista and Windows 7 , Install All other player like VLC, Real Player
Double click same RMVB file located in my NAS machine,
no problem, very fast respond
But when I use XBMC to play it. slow, wait, hang....
I think it should be the XBMC core module, player codec problem!!!
This player GUI so nice, Function so cool, but poor RMVB supported.
= no used...
RIP
zivtong Wrote:This player GUI so nice, Function so cool, but poor RMVB supported.
= no used...
RIP
To put it another way...
No useful debug information = no help... :mad:
hey im having the same issue how can i upload my log file for a dev to take a look at it so we can try and resolve this issue.
see my signature or the forum faq or .. or .. or .. ;P
YES, I have the same problem.

Select a rmvb file on local hard disk, click play, then wait for 10 seconds or more, thanks, finally I can see the video.

Windows XP SP2, freshly installed, nothing else except XBMC
The file version of "XBMC.exe" is 9.4.1.0
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] XBMC does not playback all RVMB files?0