Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected
Hi all,
I get tons of those, in my log, while looking at recents tv series avis. They are xvid with mp3 sound. Visually, sometimes I get garbled output, and also sound goes progressively out of sync, everytime the garbling appears. mplayer tried on the same machine plays the file fine without a warning in the console in which I launched it.

Also, I managed to fixed the problem by just remuxing the avi. I ran mencoder with both -ovc and -oac set to copy, and the resulting file plays ok.

From other lists, but always connected to ffmpeg, it seems this is a known glitch with a somewhat non current svn of the said library. I can provide a sample if needed.

As usual, a little bit of data:

xbmc is from ppas, Atlantis beta1, svn r15613
linux (k)ubuntu 8.04 on i686
log containing exactly one play with an occurrance of the garbling: http://pastebin.com/m47695f2d

Thanks!
The videos were probably poorly encoded. Regardless, a sync with ffmpeg is planned for after atlantis.
Well, that's probably true, since they were coming from the same source. I only verified that afterwards, sorry. Nevertheless, they play nicely in every other player I throw them at, including windows media player...
Throw them at ffplay. That's the best comparison, and it shows the same behavior.
Fixed in SVN 15785 ? My files seem fine now that were seeing this issue. At least visualy, have not checked the log.
ASRock Ion 330 | 6TB Drobo | Pioneer PDP-4270XD (s/pdif) | Sony DAV-DZ810W | Logitech Harmony 885 (MCE remote emulation)| diNovo Mini

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected0