XBMC Pre 2.1
(2014-11-17, 18:39)peppe_sr Wrote: beautiful memories.
i have yet my old xbox somewhere....

I had MULTIPLE. We actually used XBMC years ago where we used Xbox's as set top boxes to recieve streaming video at an anime convention. The camera was a live feed from the main events with the Xbox's located more remotely around the convention space. The con ended with me having 3 of the things in the closet. Though due to drive failures and PSU failures, it was down to one before I trashed it when moving. Of course now I have 2 XBMC machines up and it's also on my Android tablet for when I'm in the kitchen. Big Grin
I thought you guys were being very helpful.

I used an old xbox, I guess just the enclosure to make a htpc. Fun little project, and with its size, I don't really need to worry about overheating.

I just don't get why MVerde was putting all the responsibilities of his purchasing decision on the XBMC developer and support community. It seems he purchased an old xbox, knowing its old hardware and expected it to be a turn key solution for modern day uses.
For a small(ish) television set, XBMC on the original XBOX is still more than capable to bring hours of entertainment. BRRIP at 720p are kind of common, if one looks around and doesn't mind that kind of things. Emulators for all classic arcade and home systems work perfectly and with nice integration. XBMC4Xbox is still fully supported and developed (last update came out in October, with support for Python 2.7, for instance). All in all, far from useless.

All of the above, by browsing for three minutes the suggested website. I'm not using an Xbox since... 2007, but still it's a nice machine to use if you have one.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2014-11-19, 14:36)ashlar Wrote: For a small(ish) television set, XBMC on the original XBOX is still more than capable to bring hours of entertainment. BRRIP at 720p are kind of common, if one looks around and doesn't mind that kind of things. Emulators for all classic arcade and home systems work perfectly and with nice integration. XBMC4Xbox is still fully supported and developed (last update came out in October, with support for Python 2.7, for instance). All in all, far from useless.

All of the above, by browsing for three minutes the suggested website. I'm not using an Xbox since... 2007, but still it's a nice machine to use if you have one.

I don't see a classic Xbox doing 720p at h.264, 480p at best and even there can be some troubles there. Maybe 720p XviD? But you'd have to have your library of files custom setup to even have those kinds of files.
Don't bin it dude!

I still have 3 xbi (official plural that I made up so isn't really)
Play xbox games with it,
Play every other game on every other system that came before it (slight exaggeration).
Play media on it (yes even HD stuff if you have a server with the capability to transcode.
Play Netflix on it.
Yes I just said that because you can.

At least give it away. Putting it in the bin is just plain wrong.
(2014-11-19, 18:32)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I don't see a classic Xbox doing 720p at h.264, 480p at best and even there can be some troubles there. Maybe 720p XviD? But you'd have to have your library of files custom setup to even have those kinds of files.
Yes, 720p XviD, that's why I mentioned BRRIP, it seems that's the way they call them. And yeah, it's obviously not ideal but... throwing it away? I wouldn't.
Bear in mind that I was, back when, among the most vocal (obnoxious?) supporters of the need to go away from Xbox, exactly because I wanted HD playback capability, so... in a way I have thrown it away. But again, it depends on the use scenario. For a small TV it' still a good machine.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Pre 2.10