[Request] Add "Home" and "Back" buttons (icons) to make it more touchscreen friendly?
Lightbulb 
Would it be a bad idea to add "Home" and "Back" buttons (icons) to each screen/section?

I think that having such buttons it would make mouse navigation more obvious, and it would enable simpler touchscreen and one-button (Mac) mouse action to go back one step or go to the home screen.

Huh

PS! Maybe disable/hide those buttons if the user disable the mouse under settings? Oo
....or even have a separate setting for disabling/hiding the "Home" and "Back" buttons.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thumbs Up 
I think it would be a welcome addition, not just for mouse users, but also for anyone who uses a remote. It's not a big deal for me to navigate around, but I hate trying to explain to the wife why she has to keep hitting exit on the remote to get back to the home screen. Eek
I've been messing with the keymap.xml and the commands alot lately and I think that GUI buttons are the way to go.
Would have to be carefully thought out though as it shouldn't detract from usability. We spent a lot of time trying to come up with a simple and clean way of navigating within screens and between screens.
Quote:I think it would be a welcome addition, not just for mouse users, but also for anyone who uses a remote.

Agreed! XBMC in general & mediastream specifically is pretty intuitive as it is, but sometimes I still have to explain to people how to go back with the remote or controller (idk how they miss the 'Back' button, but whatever, GUI buttons would probably be more obvious to newbies)...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I would actually like to see a "Home" button and a "Back" button in the GUI of all skins, not just MediaStream Wink

...but it got to start somewhere with one skin and I thought be best to discuss the idea for MediaStream first Nod

May I suggest that "Home" button icon is designed as a small 'house' and "Back" button as a left-pointing-arrow.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I like this idea, 1+ from me.

I'd like the back button to be mappable to a remote as well...
I also like this idea.
+1
migueld Wrote:I like this idea, 1+ from me.

I'd like the back button to be mappable to a remote as well...

Um...
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:Um...
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

Yea.. I've researched this for a while and the problem is that there isn't one but many back buttons: parentdir, previousmenu, stop, tab, arrow left (in media stream). The closest "back" button is Esc, but in some cases Esc just goes to home it doesn't go back.
Can´t you put a invisible button at the top left corner with back funktion?
Maybe only invisble when it is disturbing the layout? I´m planning to use this skin with a 15" touch screen..

Regards
Henric
At last i found a forum, thats talk about touch screen, i have 3 touchscreens for test, and i have triede some software but i mist the back buttom, on all the programs, so if there some skin i can use or some one can tell have to change a skin i will bee wery happy...

Mads Nielsen
Anyone hvae triede mediaportal software?
+1 as i think it would make my carpc better lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Add "Home" and "Back" buttons (icons) to make it more touchscreen friendly?0