Video Ninja Buffering
I have been playing around with both VeohProxy.py and VeohProxyModv0.1.py to see if I can fix the buffering issues I have been having. I have confirmed that VeohProxyModv0.1,py runs better on my box than the original VeohProxy.py. VeohProxyModv0.1.py maintains a constant cache of 80% while VeohProxy.py holds at 60% then starts making its way down slowly until it depletes and buffers up again. Great! Solution found... Not quite. The problem is that the seek function (right thumb and green button) works properly with VeohProxy.py but do not with VeohProxyMod0.1.py. This is a problem if the stream fails or a button is accidentally pushed on the remote which stops the video. I then have to start the entire video over without a way of moving forward. Can someone alter the VeohProxModv0.1.py to include this feature? I took a look at the code to see if it could easily be added but I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Files
VeohProxy.pl
VeohProxymodv0.1.py

Thanks
Big Grin
Code:
def sendHeaders(s, filename, contenttype, contentsize , etag):
        print time.asctime(), "Sending headers..."
        try:
                    s.send_header("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=\""+filename.encode('iso-8859-1', 'replace')+"\"")
                except: pass
        s.send_header("Content-type", contenttype)
        s.send_header("Last-Modified","Wed, 21 Feb 2000 08:43:39 GMT")
        #s.send_header("ETag",etag)
        #s.send_header("Accept-Ranges","bytes")
        #s.send_header("Cache-Control","public, must-revalidate")
        #s.send_header("Cache-Control","no-cache")
        #s.send_header("Pragma","no-cache")
        s.send_header("features","seekable,stridable")
        #s.send_header("client-id","12345")
        s.send_header("Content-Length", str(contentsize))
        s.end_headers()

Seekable needs to be uncommented.

The reason why the cache dwindles is bad content provided by veoh. You can drop one but not 10 if they follow one after the other hence the buffer. A lot of veoh vids are like this.

The buffer mod uses threading to constantly feed the cache at a faster rate therefore enabling a clean playthrough.

If Detection was better and the veoh buffer mod could stop after it was started and it didn`t crash so often it would be okay.
Thanks for the quick reply. I gave that a shot but still can't seek. Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Sad
just replace the code block with the one i posted. It works, I know it does.

Play with dvd player.

Use the right thumbstick to seek to the bit you want then press `a` wait for the buffer and there you go.

If you want a dvd player play with option when the white button is pressed on the ninja video file download latest ninja plugin - i`ve put it back.
I have copy and pasted the code that you have in this thread over to the modded file but I still can't get the seek going. It works for me on the original file but not on the modded one. I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Can I pm you the files I'm using? Angry

Thanks
Huh
Uncomment the whole section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Ninja Buffering0