"My Weather"
(bluebyte @ feb. 03 2004,01:29 Wrote:hey when your done can i have a look at your source? i want to try my hand at this coding for the box, and your getting your info off weather.com rss stream right? whitch is right up my ally for what i want to do.

just don't know where to begin so if i have a good example to look at.
the code is in the cvs now (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc). or you can get the patch only here --> http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581840
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
just pulled down cvs and tried this out. it is excellent, thank you! i realize this is very early, but i thought i would give my feedback for how it is working on my system.

the graphic placement is off on mine using ntsc (480i). the graphic for the current conditions covers the description that should be right below it and the graphics along the bottom should appear in the space between the temp and the conditions, but they appear below the conditions. basically they appear like this

monday
-3 c
-9 c

(big space here where graphic should be)

partly cloudy

graphic here, and it is mostly off the bottom of the screen.
i'd love to see this on xbmc
hehe, the more i read on these forums the more i love xbmc\xbmp  :d

with additions like this will they be included into the main xbmc updates, or will they need to be added seperatly, if the do how do we go about installing it?

fantasic work guys  :d
b01 pulls a ninja move to get mynci's script.

umm...how about posting that scirpt for a beta test mynci? :d
reading must be magical or something, it's how i find all da anwsers!
------
Ubuntu 8.10 (64bit) | AMD Sempron 2600+ | ATi 2400HD Pro | Asus AE1 Barebone ---- Ubuntu 9.04RC (64bit) | AMD 5000+ | BIOSTAR TA790GX XE w/ ATi 3300
b01..

what do you mean? it has already been added to xbmc cvs.

and it works. you just need to be able to compile xbmc.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer: i just took off visual c++ and i dont plan to install vs.net until i build my computer this summer (or fall). so i can't compile it. has it been precompiled in the ususal place?
reading must be magical or something, it's how i find all da anwsers!
------
Ubuntu 8.10 (64bit) | AMD Sempron 2600+ | ATi 2400HD Pro | Asus AE1 Barebone ---- Ubuntu 9.04RC (64bit) | AMD 5000+ | BIOSTAR TA790GX XE w/ ATi 3300
b01, please don't talk about that stuff here.

it is only in cvs right now.

ts

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Sad 
(mynci @ feb. 02 2004,17:09 Wrote:hi,

i'm currently working on a weather bit for xbmc. it currently looks like this:

my weather

it'll hopefully be fully working in a week or so. after that i'll be looking for ideas and suggestions for improving it and if people would prefer a multi-window approach like in mythtv then i'll give it a go.
maybe a default update of 1 minute in xboxmediacenter.xml is exzessive to the wheather.com server? how about raising it to like 15 or 30 minutes? especially for when thousands of xbmc users start using it. just a thought. Smile

looks great otherwise! :d
/mosax :) ...likes xbmc
(mynci @ feb. 02 2004,18:14 Wrote:nope,

anywhere covered by weather.com should be fine and they seem to cover everywhere.
just took a look at weather.com and could not find anything about europe, just us cities Sad

am i blind? i'd like to use this feature, but of course with europe ( germany in my case )
(dragonforce99 @ feb. 12 2004,17:22 Wrote:
(mynci @ feb. 02 2004,18:14 Wrote:nope,

anywhere covered by weather.com should be fine and they seem to cover everywhere.
just took a look at weather.com and could not find anything about europe, just us cities  Sad

am i blind? i'd like to use this feature, but of course with europe ( germany in my case )
enter name of city in search field on top left.
/mosax :) ...likes xbmc
maybe this needs better documentation. what should be explained more closely?
okay, i found a city ( in germany ) that is close to me  :d  

i edited the xboxmediacenter.xml and put the areacode in there: gmxx0040 - but when i reboot the xbox it still displays "london" and not "frankfurt".

does it cache this information somewhere? how do i clean it?

best regards

on a sidenote, is there anychance to get other weather services supported? i live in a rather small city and weather.com covers mainly the bigger cities. i found a service that has the exact city i live in though ( http://de.weather.com/weather/local/97204 )

as i am not a programmer i have no idea if this can work.
you must have an error in your xml file.

open it in ie and see.

ts

you are right, duhh i made a real stupid mistake. since i did not find the city i was looking for the first time i commented the weather tag out of the xml. removed the comment tags and now it works :d

now i need to figure out a way to get a hold of my real city and not one that is 150 km away from me Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"My Weather"0