Pictures OSD (On Screen Display) Window, and Context-Menu for Slideshow in Pictures?
Lightbulb 
Would it be possible to make a OSD/Context menu for the slideshow feature in pictures?

I found this screenshot from Western Digital's media hardrive which looks very interesting. I though that we could gather some ideas from it:

I'm thinking that a couple of useful functions could be here:
• Number of seconds per slide
• Slideshow effects (pan and zoom toggle)
• Rotating
• Zooming
• Picture info
• Shuffle/Repeat for pictures
• Picture counter "23/300" (very useful)
• Current music playing (and be able to control that music from within the Pictures OSD too)
• Basic info shown: Filename, date, resolution, size

The first two items would allow users to change settings on the fly, without exiting the slideshow.

Rotating and zooming be for users who don't have full-featured remotes or don't know about or don't remember which button does what.

I've created a feature request ticket for it here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5006
I would like to see the description field from exif data as the photo title on the OSD.
Lightbulb 
Hi,

In order to get "my" touchscreen version of PM3-HD skin complete, I would need a kind of "PictureOSD", which is not, actually present.

I though about creating it in the main XBMC code, but obviously, I do not have the C++ skills :o

As, in touchscreen mode, there is no "right click button" (neither "esc" button because you do not have keyboard) to go back to the previous page, as soon as you click on a picture, you can not do anything else than plugging mouse to do a right click...

I hope you agree that touchscreen is lacking of interest in this specific case...

Creating a PictureOSD window would let me add a small toolbar (over the bottom of the picture for example) with the back button included.
In case this request would be accepted, I would like also to request implementing (missing?) instructions* "<onclick>PictureNext</onclick>" and "<onclick>PicturePrevious</onclick>"

*Maybe those instructions exist but I did not find any informations about. Confused

Additionnal notes regarding the way I believe it should work :
- When a picture is loaded, automatically "hides", after 2-3 seconds, the control bar defined in the skin (like control bar in MusicOSD/VideoOSD)
- Left click on a loaded picture would call the control bar defined in the skin (like control bar in MusicOSD/VideoOSD when you move the mouse)
Sorry Migueld. I missed your thread Confused

migueld Wrote:I found this screenshot from Western Digital's media hardrive which looks very interesting. I though that we could gather some ideas from it:

But this is exactly what I would like Big Grin
Hi there,

Any news on this request :confused2:
Ticket seems to be unchanged since 6 months SadSadSad

Regards,
Heh my Dad came over last night with an SD card full of pictures to show me and I popped it in XBMC and it occurred to me that I have no idea how to control the slideshow at all. A menu like this would certainly be a help.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
nice CapnBry that you'll chime in and take the challenge Laugh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:nice CapnBry that you'll chime in and take the challenge Laugh

@WiSo, I'll work on the skin for sure Big Grin
but not on the C(++) part Sad

Regards,
I'd like to add that I'd like to be able view slide show from multi-source SMB, have the ability to pull up context menu to delete a picture at the souce. Also have the ability to rotate pictures and have the state saved at the source of the picture.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5875
WiSo Wrote:nice CapnBry that you'll chime in and take the challenge Laugh
Shi.... I need to get a new username I can use just to post "Yeah this would be nice" and not be obligated to participate.
Hi everybody,
As it seems no dev has interest in working on this feature (Jezz_X has confirm that C++ is needed before doing the skin Sad ) I just would like to let you know that several touchscreen users requested a similar feature :
Zipsonic in this post
Quote:Also, another little issue I found, if you start a picture slide show, there is no way to get out of it using just the touchscreen, aside from letting it run it's course, since XBMC won't recognize any touch's while the slideshow is running.
SpiffBB in this post
Quote:8. Would be great with a workaround for the picture problem (go to pictures - open a picture -> no way to exit without a remote)

Maybe we (touchscreen users) should start a quest to offer a touchscreen to Johnatan Big Grin

Regards,
Update 21 june 2010
Djtoll made something similar Big Grin

Thanks to him !
The slideshow widgets looks like a good idea to me and similar to what I would like to see.

What I noticed is that you can either view pictures or let the pictures appeat as a screensaver slideshow. What I thought would be a good option would be to allow you to choose 'slide show' as a visualiser option.

That way all the standard 'now playing' music controls/information appear as a layer above the pictures as they do currently with other visualisers.

Adding additional picture controls are a nice to have, but being able to control the music when the pictures appear, and to still be able to see the track being played would be more useful to me.

One more thing... Of course, I'm making a wild assumption that creating a slideshow visualiser is an easier route to go than trying to mod the slideshow functionality. Another limitation of the slideshow is the lack of music track control (at least from an MCE remote) - it would be nice to be able to at least pause, navigate to the next/prev track when pictures are displayed. Again, I thought as these are standard features of the now playing/visualiser mode then it would make this approach easier to implement.

Cheers,
John
Hunting around I have discovered that Media Info (I) and M (OSD player controls) pretty much does this anyway from the Pictures menu and its slideshow option.

It would still be a nice to have if the visualiser could have a slideshow plugin - fewer clicks to get some pics to display with the music whilst retaining music control etc.
Among other things, it would be nice if music would start automatically when starting a slideshow. I use this function on iPhoto as well as Apple TV and I find it invaluable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures OSD (On Screen Display) Window, and Context-Menu for Slideshow in Pictures?2