Music Videos library/scraping not working?
Smile 
Hiya,

I'm using the non-Plex Mac XBMC, and have sweet libraries set up for my Movies, TV Shows and Music. For some reason, though, I can't get any scraping to work for my Music Videos.

I have 100's of videos, some of them in subfolders with random names, some of them in subfolders with artist names, some of them in the root folder.

Most of them are named "Artist - Title.avi" or "Artist.Artist-Title.Title.2008.mpg" (nothing too weird).

When I browse to the the folder, they're not presented in any Library kind of way, just a dumb list / thumbnail view.

If I right-click on a video and choose "Music Video Information", there's no lookup or resolution that happens.

I've tried both the MTV and the other scraper, with no luck.

Ideas?
Thanks!
After you scan your music videos, switch to library mode to see them in an organized manner.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

What version of XBMC?
please post a debug log of a scan if the above is not the solution.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hi guys,

I just tried the whole process again, with debugging on. As mentioned previously, I've had no problems setting up Libraries (or Library View) for the other media types (TV Shows, Movies, Music)... it's only Music Videos that aren't scraping correctly.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/m7abe3c3c

Version: Mac 8.10-b1 (SVN-15611M)

There's no "Library" view for Music Videos... I only get a dumb list while filenames and thumbnails -- no browsing by Artist / Title.

Thanks!
Are my music videos just not formatted properly? Or is there a better lookup site besides MTV.com?
Any tips on how to get Music Videos to show up in a "Library" sort of way (I assume Genre/Artist/Title)?
From your log it looks like many of the lookups were successful. What happens when you click on the 'Library Mode' button on the left (PM3 skin). What are your options?
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Hiya,

So, when I go into Library Mode, all of my TV Shows and Movies show up as expected (organized). When I switch to Music Videos, I see a list of several hundred videos. Most of them have no data associated with them (all you see is a thumbnail with no artist/title/filename text). Some of them just have a year (e.g. 2007) next to it.

Please see the screenshots below:

and

Seems as if mtv changed their website layout. I'll fix the scraper later tonight.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Fixed in SVN revision 15781.

In order to get correct scrape results you'll have to replace your current mtv.xml with this one.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
That did the trick! Thanks very much! Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Videos library/scraping not working?0