Using XBMC to catalog your movie library...
Hi.

I just thought of something that i want to be able to do with XBMC and my movie library.

I don't know if it is currently possible from within XBMC, or whether there is a plugin or script for it, or whether it may simply be a feature request at the moment.

Anyway, what i want to be able to do is create a movie catalogue from my XBMC movie library.

What i mean is to use the info from the library in XBMC to generate something like the following:

http://www.myopensource.org/screenshots/...atalog.gif

Surely, there must be a way to 'scrape' the info from my XBMC library and use the thumbnail, NFO info etc. to generate a list that can be printed or in HTML format etc?

Does anybody know if something like this is possible?

I think it would be a really great feature.

My friends are always asking me what movies i have, so it would be nice to have an HTML or printed list that i could show them, with the thumbnail and movie synopsis etc in the list as well.

Just a few more images to illustrate what i am trying to say as i realise you might not get what i am trying to say:

http://www.antp.be/pic/moviecatalog_htmlpage.png

http://www.antp.be/pic/moviecatalog_print.png

Thanks in advance,
Ethan
Hi,

I find this question really interesting and hope that someone will make a solution for it if it doesn't exist already. Nice idea!

Cheers,
erikss0n
go to settings->video->library and export it to a file. You get valid xml output which you can easily transform in a html page.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Wow!
So it's already there... this is getting better and better! Smile
erikss0n: thanks...I hope it can be realised in the way that i envisoned it by one of the genius developers.

Wiso: Ok, will try that...But does it only create a simple list or will it also export info and thumbnails?...

P.S. thanks for the quick reply.
I'm not the library expert and used it only one time but it just stores the data in the xml file and nothing more afaik.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
export will only generate the given xml file. no thumbnails.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I believe one of the functions (Future release) of XBMC Media Companion is going to export the nfo files as HTML output. See billyad2000's website here
http://www.billyad2000.co.uk/
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Wiso: Ok, thanks.

VDRfan: The generated XML is just all plain text etc. Do you know if there is any way to create something like what is in the pictures i linked to?

I know, obviously i could use one of those programs, but it would be nice if it could all be done from my XBMC library.

Surely this would be a good feature to have in XBMC.

KidKiwi: Yeah thanks for sharing that...I look forward to testing it out when that feature is added. However, i think that XBMC Media Companion's layout etc. is a little cluttered for what i was ultimately after.
ethan_9219 Wrote:VDRfan: The generated XML is just all plain text etc. Do you know if there is any way to create something like what is in the pictures i linked to?

I know, obviously i could use one of those programs, but it would be nice if it could all be done from my XBMC library.

Surely this would be a good feature to have in XBMC.

Imho the easiest way to generate html output would be to create a little helper script/app (just like the feature announced for XBMC Media Companion's).
If you want it to be integrated into XBMC, please post an official feature request at our trac to ensure its not lost during the feature freeze.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using XBMC to catalog your movie library...0