Wireless Networking - Unable to detect
Hey everyone,

Just moved from wired connection to wireless connection and XBMC is not detecting the wireless connection. No problems when it was wired connection (RSS, Weather, AMT II plugin). No networking settings in XBMC changed.

Hardware:
DIR-655 > Xtreme N Gigabit Router

DWA-130 > Wireless N USB Adapter

Windows: Wireless works with IE and Firefox browser. I installed only drivers from the installation CD instead of the Dlink proprietary software. Wireless security is WPA. Windows shows wireless connection as Excellent. I don't use any network drives or other shares. No proxy server for internet connection. Cable internet connection.

XBMC: there is no weather, no RSS, and no connection for AMT II plugin.

Tried: I have tried disabling the LAN ethernet in Network Connections so that the wireless is the only connection. - No difference. Reinstalling USB Wifi adapter drivers - no difference. Tried installing proprietary Dlink software - No difference. Reinstall XBMC Beta 1 - No difference. Within XBMC, tried changing networking options around - no difference.

Log: I will post as soon as I can. I will go to Weather and then try to use AMT II for log info.

In the meantime, any suggestions as to what to do?:confused2:

Thank you very much for any assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

HTPC: Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 3850, 1TB + 250 GB SATA Internal HDDs, External HDDs
Remote: Microsoft MCE2 USB Receiver and Remote, IR Server Suite

Can't really tell you since it works fine on my laptop with wireless connection. XBMC uses the default connection which is available under windows.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wireless Networking - Unable to detect0