• 24(current)
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)
I still can not belive it. Downloaded source (most time consuming task), downloaded and installed C#. Then in two minutes opened project, build, published and installed XBMControl. Never experienced that.

Next step was not so enjoyable - results were exactly same as with official 0.4.7 version. If run second time, program refuses to start. Client/server communication seems be slow, many functions are unacceptably delayed, some do not work properly (browsing subdirs, skip to previous track).

Then I tweaked the source. After commented out the WebServerEnabled check in the XBMControlF1.cs, problem with 'program fails if run again' dismissed:

Code:
if (XBMC.Status.IsConnected())
            {
//                if (!XBMC.Status.WebServerEnabled())
//                {
//                    MessageBox.Show(Language.GetString("mainform/dialog/webserverDisabled"),
//                         Language.GetString("mainform/dialog/webserverDisabledTitle"));
//                    this.Dispose();
//                }
//                else
                    updateTimer.Enabled = true;
            }
            else .....

Unfortunately, this solves just one problem, others remain. So what next?

My ASRock is dualboot instalation (Mandriva 2010.1 & Windows 7) so I installed Windows Dharma beta3 and checked XBMControl against it - everything worked perfectly !!!!

Conclusion - the problems are evidently on the Linux side, the XBMControl does not need any corrections. May be I will test also Dharma Live CD (just to be sure), or simply wait for the final Dharma release.
XbmControl won't work at all with Dharma final since the HTTP Api will be removed entirely. Compiling with C# is a breeze Smile. So is writing your own application. Still takes some time of course, but the building process is highly enjoyable since you'll only need to focus on the fun parts.

If you'd really like to have dharma compatible remote controller to your likings... and you have the time and motivation...my advise would be to build your own controller. There is a json-rpc C# xbmc library available somewhere on the forum (json-rpc is the protocol that will replace the http Api in Dharma; which is was better!).
Share your code and I'm sure you'll make a lot of people very happy and you'll probably find some code-submitters and debuggers too Smile.

If you'd build a java app you'd make even more people happy since the app can sun in Windows AND linux (it would make me happy for instance Tongue).

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:If you'd really like to have dharma compatible remote controller to your likings... and you have the time and motivation...my advise would be to build your own controller. There is a json-rpc C# xbmc library available somewhere on the forum (json-rpc is the protocol that will replace the http Api in Dharma

I know the JSON-RPC is implemented in Dharma and will replace the old web interface. But I know also RPC/XDR specs and don't understand why XBMC does not offfer the pure RPM instead the JSONRPC "round-about". JSONRPC should be better than the old web interface, but pure RPC would be even faster and more simple for programming. Yes, it is handy for such environments like javascript, but why complicate programming in languages like Java, C or Delphi? Seems there will be also possibility to use pure TCP, but this time I don't have enough info to judge it.

On the other side, I agree with you. Yes, There will be a wide demand for XBMC control program based on JSONRPC. Yes, best programming environment for that is Java, as it is portable on the binary level. I just do not feel ready for such project. May be as staff member, or evaluation and testing guy, but not 'solo' programmer. Too many things changed and I am 67 now ...
http api won't be removed from dharma Smile

They keep it up to eden and perhaps more depends on how Json RPC goes.

Json is far from finished to do everything httpapi and event server permits Smile
here is a bug when i validate configuration:
Code:
Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.
   à XBMControl.Language.XBMCLanguage.GetString(String node)
   à XBMControl.ConfigurationF1.IsValidIp()
   à XBMControl.ConfigurationF1.bConfirm_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly*: 2.0.0.0
    Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XBMControl
    Version de l'assembly*: 1.0.0.0
    Version Win32*: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase*: file:///C:/Program%20Files/XBMControl/XBMControl.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Version Win32*: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.resources
    CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase*: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple*:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.
Tolriq Wrote:http api won't be removed from dharma Smile
They keep it up to eden and perhaps more depends on how Json RPC goes.
Json is far from finished to do everything httpapi and event server permits Smile

Agree. Today I explored xbmcontrol-web's files (see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51596) and found this app is based exclusively on JSON-RPC (and javascript, of course). Just met the same problem if XBMC runs under Linux (missing subdirs). With Windows Dharma (beta 3) the xbmcontrol-web (v1.37) works quite well.

Anyway compiled (not interpreted) program should work faster as can use TCP instead JSON. Not sure how fast will be Java app, as its speed is somewhere between binary and script.

===================================================================
P.S. Sorry for mystification; xbmcontrol-web is based on old web API, not JSON-RPC
Quote:Anyway compiled (not interpreted) program should work faster as can use TCP instead JSON. Not sure how fast will be Java app, as its speed is somewhere between binary and script.

Yeah, same goes for C# Smile

I started building a JSON-RPC JS library a while ago. If anyone feels compelled to finish it, be my guest Smile I can add you as a project contributer so you can do a checkout...

http://code.google.com/p/xbmcweb/source/...y/xbmc/lib

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
bumping this old thread to see if any coder are interested in continuing/updating.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
A complete rebuild would be appropriate since the app is using the http api. Now the JSON RPC api is available (this wasn't the case when I wrote this client) which is much more powerful and efficient.

If anyone feels like building a new client, I really don't have the time, please build it using Java Smile. So Osx and Linux users can use the client too.

• 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)3