• 2(current)
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)
Realy nice job!

May I suggest you use the XBMC icon...
Thanks! Smile

I'd love to, but where can I find a .ico file for XBMC?
I'm not a very good designer. So creating one myself is a little bit difficult.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Ok, I've found a solution for creating a installer.

I'm using NSIS combined with HM NIS EDIT.
Completely open source, easy to use and works like a charm.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Okay i'll wait for your dll! it could be great to have same functionnality like the IphoneRemote in your DLL, look at http://remote.collect3.com.au/screenshots-rc

Thanks!!
IIINeOIIINL Wrote:Realy nice job!

May I suggest you use the XBMC icon...

Done!

I've created a installer, did some fixing and tweaking and added language support. How to translate to your own language is explained in the start post. If you do so, please email me your language.xml file! (bramvano * gmail)

More details are in the start post.

http://xbmcontrol.googlecode.com/files/X...0Setup.exe

I've only been able to test it on Windows XP. So please let me know if you encounter any bugs on other Windows versions!

Gamester17 Wrote:This would IMHO be even better if combined with the XBMC Vista Sidebar Gadget, see:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=sideshow
and
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=24600

I will always prefer GPL, and this is why => http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/gpl-compatible.html

Wink

After reading your post again... How do you mean 'combine'?

WoW Rofl Thanks for all the effort!
Exclamation 
Hello,
I found a bug: if i don't put an ip adress at first start, it's impossible to quit the application...

I've translate the application in french but i can't apply my file, there is an exception, maybe cause of special chars...

Code:
<language>
    <mainform>
        <connection>
            <none>Impossible de se connecter à XBMC</none>
            <reastablished>La connexion à XBMC a été rétablie</reastablished>
            <lost>La connexion à XBMC a été perdue</lost>
        </connection>
        <label>
            <artist>artiste</artist>
            <title>titre</title>
            <duration>durée</duration>
            <album>album</album>
        </label>
        <playing>
            <nothing>Aucun media en cours de lecture</nothing>
            <now>Lecture en cours</now>
            <paused>En pause</paused>
        </playing>
    </mainform>
    <configuration>
        <title>Configuration</title>
        <label>
            <language>langue</language>
            <ip>addresse ip</ip>
            <username>nom d'utilisateur</username>
            <password>mot de passe</password>
            <showInTray>Afficher dans le system tray</showInTray>
            <showInTaskbar>Afficher dans la barre de taches</showInTaskbar>
            <showNowPlayingBalloonTip>Afficher la bulle d'information 'Lecture en cours'</showNowPlayingBalloonTip>
            <showPlayStatusBalloonTip>Afficher une bulle d'information montrant l'état de lecture</showPlayStatusBalloonTip>
            <showConnectionStatusBalloonTip>Afficher une bulle d'information montrant l'état de la connexion à XBMC</showConnectionStatusBalloonTip>
        </label>
        <language>
            <noLanguages>Aucun fichier de langue trouvé</noLanguages>
        </language>
        <ipAddress>
            <required>Une adresse IP valide est obligatoire</required>
            <invalid>Adresse ip invalide\nImpossible de se connecter àXBMC</invalid>
            <proceedMessage>Impossible de se connecter à XBMC avec la configuration actuelle.\n\nEtes vous sur de vouloir continuer?</proceedMessage>
        </ipAddress>
    </configuration>
    <contextMenu>
        <previous>Précédent</previous>
        <play>Lire</play>
        <pause>Pause</pause>
        <stop>Stop</stop>
        <next>Suivant</next>
        <mute>Mute</mute>
        <controls>Controles</controls>
        <show>Afficher</show>
        <hide>Cacher</hide>
        <configure>Configurer</configure>
        <exit>Quitter</exit>
    </contextMenu>
    <global>
        <appName>XBMControl</appName>
        <button>
            <confirm>OK</confirm>
            <cancel>Annuler</cancel>
        </button>
    </global>
</language>

Why is it impossible to specify username and password? it use the HTTP API?
Thanks for your feedback. I've added the language file, it will come with the next installer. A language file has to formatted as UTF-8. You can do this with Notepad C++ i.a.

About not being able to close the app if no ip is entered....It's possible, but it's also unclear how. I'll do something about that asap Smile

I've uploaded a new version (0.2.7a).

Most important changes..
- More stable and faster
- Less network and XBMC-server load
- Added French language (some strings need translation, features added)
- Added context menu controls for rebooting XBMC host, restarting XBMC and shutting down the XBMC host. (only tested on XBOX, please let me know the results on any other platform)
- Fixed the bug where you couldn't close XBMControl on first run when no ip address was entered (close it with the regular button to close windows now, canceling still results in a "ip address mandatory" message).

Please let me now if you encounter bugs! Once the base is stable I'll start implementing library and file mode support.

Firstly congrats Bram on a great little app.
My observation is cosmetic:
1. With my display DPI settings set at 104%(sight impaired) the second character of the seconds timer is not visible.
No biggie, but I haven't come across this before and I assume it's because your app window isn't resizable.

Also there's a typo on this screen: "titel" s/be "title"

Keep up the good work, I find this very useful. Smile
Kodi Leia v18.6 Android | Sony Bravia KD-65X9000E
Kodi Leia v18.6 X86-64 | ASRock ION 330-BD Intel Dual Core Atom 1.6GHz | 4GB RAM | HDMI Display | Analogue Audio | Flirc IR
I think it has to do with a setting regarding the resizing method (eventhough the window can't be resized). I'll try a different configuration this evening! Thank you for reporting this Smile
The typo(s) will be fixed to.

If anyone has ideas about how to make the interface look better, please let me know. Compact and clear are keywords for the future design. I also want to make a movie and image slideshow view.

kraxdaz Wrote:Okay i'll wait for your dll! it could be great to have same functionnality like the IphoneRemote in your DLL, look at http://remote.collect3.com.au/screenshots-rc

Thanks!!

Eventually all possible interaction with XBMC will be added. In what form you use it is up to you. The class will simply be a way to have easier 'no hussle' access to the xbmc http api.

I've added some new features and fixed some bugs. Details and download are in start post.

@ fuggin: Please let me know if the changes I've made fix your font problem.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)3