• 3(current)
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)
I'd like to be able to be able to love/hate songs to Last.FM. Does anyone have a clue how to do this from the HTTP Api?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:I've added some new features and fixed some bugs. Details and download are in start post.

@ fuggin: Please let me know if the changes I've made fix your font problem.

Fixed. Smile thanks.
Kodi Leia v18.6 Android | Sony Bravia KD-65X9000E
Kodi Leia v18.6 X86-64 | ASRock ION 330-BD Intel Dual Core Atom 1.6GHz | 4GB RAM | HDMI Display | Analogue Audio | Flirc IR
I've crated a nicer design for the controller. I hope fonts and buttons are clear- and big enough for everyone. It's not finished yet, but if you're having difficulties with it, please let me know. The start post has been updated (new screenshots and new download).

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
With v0.3.0 I get no gui at all upon launch.

reverted back to 0.2.8 for now.
Kodi Leia v18.6 X86-64 | ASRock ION 330-BD Intel Dual Core Atom 1.6GHz | 4GB RAM | HDMI Display | Analogue Audio | Flirc IR
fuggin Wrote:With v0.3.0 I get no gui at all upon launch.

reverted back to 0.2.8 for now.

But the System tray icons does show?

Edit: Do you have .NET 3.5 installed. Ik know the topic title says differently but I can't change the title.

I changed the title for you.
Are you sure it needs 3.5 though?
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Not completely. But when I tried to change the Target Framework to .NET 2.0 (in the project settings) all got messed up. So, just to be on the safe side. This is probably because I'm new to C# and Visual Studio Smile

Thank you for changing the title.

Bram77 Wrote:But the System tray icons does show?

Edit: Do you have .NET 3.5 installed. Ik know the topic title says differently but I can't change the title.

Yes. systray icon shows but no main gui.

I have .NET 3.0 installed but will install 3.5 and report back.
This looks really excellent - Im running Ubuntu 8.10 and wondering which mono components i need to install to get this to work.. Its a brilliant idea and I hope someone ports it for linux users - lower our collective carbon footprint by leaving the tv off!!!

Excellent work
shane
fuggin Wrote:Yes. systray icon shows but no main gui.

I have .NET 3.0 installed but will install 3.5 and report back.

The application will start minimized. If you have configured it to minimize to tray it won't show in the taskbar. There is a problem with it not being able to connect to XBMC. The application locks up and doesn't respond to interaction. This might be the case. I will try and ix the connection problems. Also, I'll have to revise the way the XBMC status information is collected because that is generating to much traffic to my likings. If you are downloading some torrents for instance XBMControl will become very slow. This probably has to do with the limited simultaneous connections Windows can handle. I haven't tested this, but I don't think the slowdown would appear in Linux.

Once I find the time I'm going to try and do something about all this. Then we can see if these things are the cause of your problem.

shanedoyle Wrote:This looks really excellent - Im running Ubuntu 8.10 and wondering which mono components i need to install to get this to work.. Its a brilliant idea and I hope someone ports it for linux users - lower our collective carbon footprint by leaving the tv off!!!

Excellent work
shane

The installer probably won't work in Linux. You'll have to extract the installer contents and place them in a directory. Which Mono components you need I don't. I haven't run XBMControl in Linux yet. It might not run at all at this stage.

I'm going to try this out myself today Smile

Ive u look back you can see TOPFS one of the developers got it to run on linux.. Its a great idea and could be XBMC's one of XBMC carbon reducing ideas. lol

Great work on this
S
That was about an older version. The latest ones might not work with Mono.
I've updated the stat post. Version 0.3.1 is now available.

shanedoyle Wrote:Ive u look back you can see TOPFS one of the developers got it to run on linux.. Its a great idea and could be XBMC's one of XBMC carbon reducing ideas. lol

Great work on this
S

Nah dont think mono supports the later ones which seems to need 3.5
Also it was on the buggy side and didnt look really ubuntu-ish.

Although the XBMCClient lib could probably be extracted and used with a GTK frontend if anyone have spare time, and the author approves Smile

Cheers.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Appreicate the answer at least i wont spend ages now trying to get it work.. Hopefully someone will port this - Its a great idea, my xbmc is mostly music based so would be lovely to run from the laptop..

Again great work XBMC is in a class of its own.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)3