• 4(current)
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)
Topfs2 Wrote:Nah dont think mono supports the later ones which seems to need 3.5
Also it was on the buggy side and didnt look really ubuntu-ish.

Although the XBMCClient lib could probably be extracted and used with a GTK frontend if anyone have spare time, and the author approves Smile

Cheers.

Of course you can Smile But again, the class is still under heavy development.

As I explained a few posts back. The app doesn't necessarily need .Net 3.5. I'm just a C# noob and I'm not sure Smile. So it might work with Mono. But the installer won't. So you'll need to extract the files manually. I've added a archived (non-installer) version to google code. -> http://xbmcontrol.googlecode.com/files/X...v0.3.1.rar

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I've uploaded a new version (start post). Much more stable, faster and with more features. But still far from perfect!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
First off, thanks a lot for all the work on this really cool app/plugin.
As you can see I'm new to posting, but use the forum all the time.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm running Vista and the only installer that works for me is 2.6b.

Is there a way to update to the most recent version because it looks like you fixed a lot of bugs and added some nice features. I have .NET 3.5 installed.

Thanks again.
Do you get an error installing or dos the application not work?
If so what is exactly happening? I can't test with Vista.

Updated to version 0.3.5 (start post)
Please report any problems, especially when running XBMControl on Vista (positive and negative reports). These seems to be a issue with XBMControl on Vista but I can't test it in Vista because I'm running XP. Posting the stack trace (error details) would be very helpfull. If I can't fix it without running Vista myself I will install it in a Virtual Machine.

No gui with version 0.3.5 on XP SP2 and .NET 3.5
Systray controls are functional and icon is visible. The app is also visible in taskbar but is not functional.

hth.
Kodi Leia v18.6 Android | Sony Bravia KD-65X9000E
Kodi Leia v18.6 X86-64 | ASRock ION 330-BD Intel Dual Core Atom 1.6GHz | 4GB RAM | HDMI Display | Analogue Audio | Flirc IR
You did try double clicking the system tray icon?

The problem was caused by conflicting entries in user.config from previous uninstalls and reinstalls to newer versions.

Shouldn't this file (and registry keys) be removed and recreated when the app is uninstalled and reinstalled?
Kodi Leia v18.6 Android | Sony Bravia KD-65X9000E
Kodi Leia v18.6 X86-64 | ASRock ION 330-BD Intel Dual Core Atom 1.6GHz | 4GB RAM | HDMI Display | Analogue Audio | Flirc IR
Sorry for the late reply Bram. If I don't uninstall the old version I get this error while trying to install.

Error opening file:
C:/ProgramFiles/XBMControl/XBMControl.exe

And it does not install the updated version it stays at 2.6.

If I uninstall the old version it and then install the updated 3.5 it does not give me any error messages during the install, but when I open the program I get this message:

Windows is searching for XBMControl.exe

I know the install isn't working right because it does not give me the prompt asking if I want to "Allow" the application to continue and 2.6 does.

Thanks again and hopefully this helps.
Thanks for the information I'm now installing Vista 32bit in a Virtual Machine so I can try and duplicate the problem. The given information is very helpful!

I have removed the "Run on startup" option for now because it was causing some problems. If you've had this option enabled, please do the following

- Open the "Run" dialog (Start Menu->Run or "Windows Key+R") and enter "Regedit.exe".
- The windows registry editor will be opened, navigate to... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
- Right click the "XBMControl" entry and choose "delete" from the context menu.

This will prevent Windows from trying to start XBMControl at start up.

I've installed XBMControl in Vista and all is working well. v0.2.6b will run with only .Net 2.0 installed. All later versions need .NET 3.5 to be installed.
Please uninstall the previous version before installing a new one.
With .NET 3.5 installed all worked perfectly fine in Vista!

I will integrate a automatic uninstall option in the installer and .NET framework version detection in XBMControl in a while.

I've added a archived (self extracting) version of v0.3.5a to the google code page. In case anyone runs into trouble with the installer.

http://xbmcontrol.googlecode.com/files/X...ive%29.exe

Please keep me posted about your findings!

Excellent idea this program! I have been longing for a good program like this for a long time! Hope you have enough time to finish this project!

Oh by the way the program does not run on my Vista installation, it crashes immediately after installing..but i'm sure this will be solved.
Thanks, I'm doing my best, but it's not easy because of the primitive way of communicating with XBMC.

Are you getting a memory reading error?

Hmm the old version 0.26b does function properly in Vista. I have installed .NET 3.5 SP1, might that be the problem?
I haven't quite figured out what is going wrong with vista. You .NET version is perfectly fine. I'll be putting more effort in fixing these problems asap.

Little teaser.... I'm working on playlist support. It's working nicely so far, but there still is a lot of work to do.
Right now the currently playing song in the playlist is selected automatically, double clicking starts playing the playlist from the selected song, the playlist can be cleared and individual items can be removed.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMControl - a compact remote XBMC controller app for Windows (Open Source C# .NET)3