Removing a Video Source from list
Hi

First of all may i say what a great bit of software this is! I've been using my PS3 to view streamed media for a while now in the living room which works great but thought i'd like to do the same in for the bedroom. My girlfriends Mac is in the bedroom and this software has done the trick. Installed first time and it worked!

Only problem is i added a video source (incorrectly i might add) and it doesn't do anything. It sits in the list but i would like to remove it but can't work out how! Can someone explain how i can remove it?

Cheers!
You should be able to remove it by pressing "C" which brings up the context menu.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks! Worked a treat!
How do you accomplish "pressing C" on an Apple TV? I made several source mistakes while figuring out my setup and now I need to delete those sources. Anyone know? (Thanks in advance) :-S
me too

toddgarvin Wrote:How do you accomplish "pressing C" on an Apple TV? I made several source mistakes while figuring out my setup and now I need to delete those sources. Anyone know? (Thanks in advance) :-S
I got that same issue :\ I was browsing through the AppleTV directories hoping I could find a user directory with some XML to edit but that does not appear to be the case or at least not where I am looking.
Ha Ha! Found it: /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/sources.xml

Just use Notepad or something to edit the file as needed (remove, add, etc)
hey,

i'm tryign to do the same and have found the file you specify when i ssh to the box using putty ssh client.

trouble is i dont know how to edit the file from within putty or ftp it back to my pc to edit it there. can you tell me what to do?

james
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
toddgarvin Wrote:How do you accomplish "pressing C" on an Apple TV? I made several source mistakes while figuring out my setup and now I need to delete those sources. Anyone know? (Thanks in advance) :-S

"pressing C" on an Apple TV == hold "menu"

EDIT: just realized the question is over a month old...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removing a Video Source from list1