• 2(current)
New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available
Noone tried to use xbox gamepad so far?
I now have this working 99% just 2 keys I am struggling with. Menus when playing movies, the keyboard press is "M" but I can not see which event in Evenghost this is so as to map it... second is the escape key... I can not find a way to exit the "info" panel in movie library.... pressing escape does this for the keyboard but again I can't see which to map it to....

other than that much better than IR suite which caused problems such as keyboard not functioning properly and MCE reciever errors.
tytherman - can you post your EG xml?

Im assuming you are using all keyboard actions with EG?
I am using MCE remote... EG xml, where do I find that?

I did not do anything in XBMC just used the xbmc plugin in EG which had all the keys but I cant find one to exit info or one to bring up menus whilst playing movies.
if you mean Myconfig.xml see:

http://pastebin.com/m749711cb
tytherman Wrote:if you mean Myconfig.xml see:

http://pastebin.com/m749711cb

yea thats the one.. but it seems like the link is down
link works for me this morning
I think I found my problem, for anyone with the same issue see:

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...a&start=30
Hi guys, this looks like a great thing but I rely heavily on keymap.xml allowing for button actions to change depending on the current screen in the UI.

Is this possible with the XBMC plugin for eventghost?
tret Wrote:Hi guys, this looks like a great thing but I rely heavily on keymap.xml allowing for button actions to change depending on the current screen in the UI.

Is this possible with the XBMC plugin for eventghost?

yes it is...
I am liking using the eventghost, kind of reminds me of Girder in ways (used to use that since it's 1st beta, back when it WAS free.), and works fine other then it doesn't get recognized by XBMC as a device, so it doesn't make any noises when you push a button. And i couldn't seem to find any search results in case it can and i just missed it. This was when you are using the remote, you would be able to hear the navigation sounds just like you were using the joystick or MS normally. It works this way fine using the other PS3 BT program, only because it's simulating the keyboard of course, and not using events directly.

Edit- Just thought about it actually, i guess instead of using the posted XBMC events plugin module stuff, i could use the virtual keyboard method and map all those instead, which would give me back my navigational sounds again. I figure there's more events already setup, without having mess with the keymap file by using the events method though. Hmmm....
The event ghost client and the XBMC event server itself are works in progress. There's a discussion going on at the official support thread for the event client as to how to work with contextual commands:

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...f=9&t=1005

As soon as we can reach a consensus as to what makes the most sense I'll get it implemented in the event client.

Quote:I am liking using the eventghost, kind of reminds me of Girder in ways (used to use that since it's 1st beta, back when it WAS free.), and works fine other then it doesn't get recognized by XBMC as a device, so it doesn't make any noises when you push a button.

This is an issue of how XBMC sees events coming from an event client. It's an implementation issue that's up the the devs if commands from event clients should make noise.
Note that the 'up', 'down', 'left' and 'right' actions not working when the OSD is up (fullscreen video, visualization, etc) is a bug and not expected behavior. During my testing I noticed that when the OSD is up and I send 4-5 'left' actions from an event client, the action is finally triggered on the 4th or 5th action, after which all directions seemed to work.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Folks, I got EventGhost set up and working with XBMC this weekend, and it's proven to be the last piece I needed to switch to using XBMC completely over MCE!

Thanks for all your hard work!
d4rk Wrote:Note that the 'up', 'down', 'left' and 'right' actions not working when the OSD is up (fullscreen video, visualization, etc) is a bug and not expected behavior. During my testing I noticed that when the OSD is up and I send 4-5 'left' actions from an event client, the action is finally triggered on the 4th or 5th action, after which all directions seemed to work.

do you know if there is anything in the trac for this?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available0