• 3(current)
New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available
anyo Wrote:do you know if there is anything in the trac for this?

There is currently no trac item for this, so please feel free to add one. Thanks.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

added it yesterday Smile
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:added it yesterday Smile

cool thanks! I just wanted to make sure, so I didn't accidentally make a duplicate
#5172: Multi-Zone Audio
----------------------------------------+-------------------------------
----------------------------------------+----
Reporter: Livin | Type: Feature Requests
Milestone: Future / Pending | Component: Other (un-categorized)
Version: SVN | Severity: Normal
Keywords: multi,zone,audio,multizone | Platform: Windows
Revision: |
----------------------------------------+-------------------------------
----------------------------------------+----
I think a great addition to XBMC to make it a fully fledged "Media Center"
would be Multi-zone Audio control interface.

Successful multi-zone control includes...

1) GUI interface to control all zones
2) Complete command set available via http
3) Ability to send different audio streams to each zone
4) Ability to use each 'channel' of a sound card as a single/separate zone ... e.g. a 5.1 built-in sound card could run 6 separate zones

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5172>
XBMC <http://xbmc.org>
XBMC Media Center
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
@kirs

I haven't joined yet to the eventghost forums yet, but was posting here for now since i know you read these as well. I saw the post about my mentioning of the events not triggering sounds, so i made a set with a folder having all the xbmc posted events using keyboard triggers, and one folder with xbmc events, with the events disabled for now so we can get sounds still for now. I can post the file if people want it. (It's for the PS3 BT remote of course.) Also, for the OSD i also saw mentioned, funny thing is the 'Enter' also brings it up, course it won't exit back out without hitting 'back' or 'return' depending on how you have it set up. But was happy to see you added OSD function anyway to the OSD as it's the better way of doing it.

And also big thanks for continuing this project. HIGHLY usefull. VERY MUCH like Girder in it's earlier stages, before they went commercial and charged. Can't wait to see this grow in time. Was a little confusing at 1st, but so was Girder. I wondered if it's in the plans to add capability to be able to click on an action, then have a sub-menu choice like "Add control" or something, so that it will listen and then grab whatever signal or remote press you hit next, instead of using the left side drag-n-drop into the right side as the method? Just a question, and i'm cool still with the way things are now already. Thanks!! Smile
Here's something interesting and i am not sure what is causing this effect since i just bought my remote a day ago or so. I had just finished setting up all my events and a duplicate set using all keyboard events (til events create sounds in xbmc), and today i go to use it, and nothing worked.
I thought my BT remote either needed to be synced again or the batteries ran out (since i forgot to push and hold the PS button logo.) And then i noticed after chossing the plugin device again (switching to another in HD stack, then back to my Sony BT device.) it was displaying the codes again, but noticing the following-

for IE- the play button USED to be the following code-
HID.0100000032FFFFFFFFFF0105

and today it is showing-
HID.0100000032FFFFFFFFFF0104 (<---was 5)

so i went into each control and redid each button and after about the 38-39th one, i noticed it switched AGAIN and now shows up as
HID.0100000032FFFFFFFFFF0103. (WTHHuh)

Is this normal behavior for it to change a recognized hex key (or whatever it actually is) to another? I know with my USB UIRT device and ANY remote and Girder, whatever it shows for that key, it will NEVER change and will always register as that long string. So i am wonder if this is correct for it to be changing like this?

My plugin HID settings are the following (only ones that seemed to actually work right.)

[] Use raw data as event name is checked, everything else is unchecked and blank.

I tried putting it into sleep mode (pushing the PS logo button for 6 seconds), then pushing buttons again to bring it out, and so far it's been staying the same with 3 at the end. But i am wondering why it was originally with a 5 at the end of each button press, then changed IN THE MIDDLE to a 4, then again to a 3 at the end, so i can change things so this won't happy again. Or is it still just because EventGhost is WIP? If that, i can live with using 'PS3 Remote Application' for now since it was working fine after testing, but just uses keyboard controls instead of events, which is fine.
I just made a modified version of the EventGhost Generic HID plugin to make the xbox(original one) dvd remote kit work in EventGhost. See this thread on the EventGhost forums. Somebody was even asking if it works on the first page of this thread... now it should. Smile

Hopefully some of you guys can test the plugin as well. I only have the original microsoft remote so I have no idea whether it'll work with the unofficial ones or not.

-jinxdone
I am using my MCE remote with your plugin and Eventghost, which now does almost everything I want except allow me to edit movie name. When I bring up the box I cant select any letters using the navigation keys. The original movie title just keeps the focus.

Roy
djdafreund Wrote:@kirs

I haven't joined yet to the eventghost forums yet, but was posting here for now since i know you read these as well. I saw the post about my mentioning of the events not triggering sounds, so i made a set with a folder having all the xbmc posted events using keyboard triggers, and one folder with xbmc events, with the events disabled for now so we can get sounds still for now. I can post the file if people want it.

I would definitely be interested in a bit of an explanation of what you did. I have the MCE remote and have the exact same issue with the sounds not being triggered. Is the change you are making to eventghost or is it to the keymap.xml file in xbmc? Any kind of explanation to get me started would be greatly appreciated.
@ Kirs : Thanks for the great work. Maybe you could edit the very 1st post in this thread to indicate that the plugin is now included in the nightly builds of event ghost (i.e. no need to download plugin separatley)? I'm sure this will make life easier for event ghost noobs like me.
Quick question on this one...

I have my "menu" key on my Harmony mapped to "enter" in the keyboard contextual folder, to pull up the OSD menu. I can't find another way to do this.

When I navigate the OSD (up, down, left, right) it also does skip forward/skip back/small skip forward/small skip back) and moves the video around while I'm navigating. This is not exactly ideal. Anyone come up with a way around this?
Maybe a dumb question but where can i get/buy USB-UIRT to use it with Logitech Harmony. It doesn't have to be exactly USB-UIRT, it can be any USB IR reciever, it's just important that it works and can be bought for a good price.
Is it possible to control XBMC with something like this... and then use EventGhost with Harmony?

EDIT: or something like this:
http://www.colordrives.com/ps3-universal...emote.html
Anybody??
Which USB IR to buy?
I followed the thread, and this was asked before, but the answer had a dead link.
Can someone post EG XML file that maps MCE remote for XBMC?

Thanks,
Dan
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available0