• 5(current)
New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available
you are asking about EG development... post on the EG forum.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:you are asking about EG development... post on the EG forum.

Sorry, thought it was just something that could be done without additional EG development. I'll ask over there.
Gigabyte Mobo Integrated Nvidia 8200
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3.1 Ghz)
4 GB Ram
Windows XP SP3
HDMI Video & SPDIF Audio Output to HK Receiver
Using onboard REALTEK HD AUDIO Drivers
Panasonic AX-200 Projector
Since there is no howto and my technical skills is not much to vote for I ask here.

Ok. I've got XBMC latest v. installed on a xp pro with an ir receiver. I've also got a Logitech Harmony that works "OK" with xbmc now, but lots of functions doesn't work.

I've now downloaded latest v. of EventGhost and the "plugin" from EventGhost forum.

But now what? I've tried read in the forums, and it looks like everyone knows exactly what do do or there is a howto I can't seem to find.

How do I configure EventGhost? And what do I do with the plugins I downloaded?
everlong Wrote:Since there is no howto and my technical skills is not much to vote for I ask here.

Ok. I've got XBMC latest v. installed on a xp pro with an ir receiver. I've also got a Logitech Harmony that works "OK" with xbmc now, but lots of functions doesn't work.

I've now downloaded latest v. of EventGhost and the "plugin" from EventGhost forum.

But now what? I've tried read in the forums, and it looks like everyone knows exactly what do do or there is a howto I can't seem to find.

How do I configure EventGhost? And what do I do with the plugins I downloaded?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38579
Anyone by chance knows if it is possible in the XBMC plugin in EventGhost to add a button to immediately start a trailer (that is stored in a movie folder*)and not have to go into the 'ínfo' and select trailer?

* I use separate folders for each movie with a movie and trailer file. This way the trailer button becomes visible in the 'info' of a movie.
Folder sample:

C:\Documents and Settings\Movies\Transformers
folder contains:
Transformers.mkv
Transformers-trailer.mkv

thxz
Don't dream your life, live your dream
and one more question:

When I m going to use several plugins like to one for winamp, XBMC, Media Player Classic and some regular windows functions; how does eventghost sets it s priorities? eg. when I have both winamp and Media Player Classic running and I have programed eg. the arrow buttons of my Logitech Harmony ONE, which one has the priority then? Or do I have to add more devices to my Logitech and call one Winamp, one Media Player Classic etc.?

thxz.
Load task create/switch events plugin, create a macro for each program you use and have those macros enable exclusive when one of the programs activates (task.activated.winamp for example).
toiva Wrote:Load task create/switch events plugin, create a macro for each program you use and have those macros enable exclusive when one of the programs activates (task.activated.winamp for example).

sorry m8, don t understand what you re saying Sad
What you mean with 'Load task create/switch events plugin'
and what is a macro?
Crossed posted at EG forums. Any help appreciated.
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...7468#p7468

12:53 pm

I've installed the latest eventghost version on XP MCE SP3, installed the MCE remote (HID disabled) and XBMC plugins. I've not changed the MCE remote driver as I got the impression this is not necessary with the new DLL.

I can control XBMC perfectly but even with eventghost shutdown I cannot control MCE? And I cannot see/find and MCE plugin (I'm guessing it's not needed?)

I can stop XBMC and bring up MCE and bring it up to the front. As part of this I disable all other macros and make the macro that starts MCE exclusive.

I've got all the action stuff down pat and it works wonderfully well. Very clever stuff.

What am I missing? Do I need to re-enable HID? I thought it would be a matter of making MCE be the front window?

What am I missing?

The XBMC control problem is that pressing info in video playback brings up the info at the bottom of the screen, but pressing info again does not clear this. I need to press previousmenu (IIRC) to clear this. It looks like it's going to go when you do the 2nd press but it comes back. It works fine in music so I'm assuming it's an XBMC problem? I tried changing the initial repeat timeout to 1000ms but that didn't help.

Thanks

Byron
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
XBMP/XBMC user since 2002!
toiva Wrote:Load task create/switch events plugin, create a macro for each program you use and have those macros enable exclusive when one of the programs activates (task.activated.winamp for example).

I did some searching the last 2 hours and I m a little further on my way. I found a plugin called 'Task Create/Switch Events'. I ve added this plugin and now this plugin is in my list of my Autostart in the Configuration Tree.

But I would like to know what to do next now? You said that I will have to add macro's (in my case for Media Player Classic and XBMC) correct? But where do I place this macro's and what must the macro contain?
First organize all existing macros into folders (place MPC macros in one folder and XBMC macros in another).
Then create 2 new macros, "enable MPC" and "enable XBMC", and add "enable exclusive" action to both macros and have those grant exclusive to a folder of macros.

So when task.activated.xbmc happens -> enable xbmc macro runs -> it actives only commands under xbmc folder.

Take a look at the wiki pictures, it's all explained there, although it's a bit hard to follow
Ok, did some things and hope it will work (I can t test until tonight, I m @the office right now):

Creating separate folders for XBMC and Media Player Classic was not necessary anymore because EventGhost already did this aut. for me.

Next, I created a New Macro that I placed in the main Configuration Tree (so so under a specific folder eg. the XBMC folder), correct?

I called this Macro 'Enable XBMC'

After this I right-clicked on this Macro I made and I choose 'Add Action...'.

After this I selected the EventGhost action 'Exclusive enable a folder/macro' and I then selected my XBMC folder. Clicked on 'Apply' and 'Ok'.

After this I can see the Macro called 'Enable XBMC'. When I expand this macro I see the Action 'Enable exclusive: XBMC'

Am I correct that the last thing I need to do is drag&drop the log called 'Task.Activated.XBMC' to this macro I made so this is added as Event?

I hope I m on the right track. thxz for helping m8
edit:

beter! Zie net dat je NL bent. Gast! Nu gaat het stukken makkelijker worden Big Grin. Hoop dat bovenstaande een beetje klopt. Zie in m n andere topic dat je ook al weer een reply hebt gegeven. Ik denk niet dat ik daar uit ga komen jongen. Als dat niet lukt heb ik wel een idee maar daar moet jij wel tijd/zin in hebben. Ik heb namelijk Logmein op mijn computer geinstalleerd staan. Ik zou jou toegang kunnen geven tot mijn pc op die manier. Als je dat zou willen, graag! mzzl
Sorry for speaking in Dutch guys, nothing personal. Wink
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available0