• 6(current)
New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available
That seems about right, do the same for MPC and you should be good to go.
Ok, to control MCE and presumably VMC and XBMC and other progams you need to re-enable HID in the MCE remote plugin. You then have control over MCE if it's running. I've set things up so only MCE or XBMC are running at any time.

The downside to this is that certain buttons such as Guide, My videos, Rec Tv, Live Tv etc all start media centre. This is annoying as I had assigned those keys to functions in XBMC. I need to undo this and use the keyboard plugin and use keyboard keys for these events. Fortunately I have the IR keyboard and learning remotes so F1, F2 etc or whatever can be captured and used to control XBMC or whatever.

To switch programs I capture the sleep button which disable all macros except ones to start MCE, XBMC etc and then use the coloured buttons on the remotes to kick off the correct macro. Since these buttons are not mapped like the special buttons above this works well. The XBMC and MCE macros needs to have an action that captures the sleep button press and disables the macro that it is in and re-enable the start MCE, XBMC macros.

I tried disable the HID service but the special buttons still work, a reboot is needed I guess (I wonder which process picking these button presses up, and can it be killed and restarted as desiredHuh?)

I hope this helps somebody struggling with this.

I also discovered post this work the following thread.
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...f=2&t=1023

Byron
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
XBMP/XBMC user since 2002!
it appears there is a process called ehtray.exe that can be suspended and unsuspended. This process is what picks up the MCE remote from a system perspective and fires up MCE.

Suspending this when running XBMC etc and the unsuspending when doing MCE might be the trick for those that don't want to do keyboard emulation.

I will test and post back.

B
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
Tried suspending ehtray.exe and other related processes but whilst this stopped MCE starting up when you pressed GUIDE for instanced, control in powerDVD and XBMC became flakey and unusable. Using the direction keys would jump 2 files at a time etc.

The only way to MCE and XBMC that I can see is to use emulated keystrokes in MCE.

B
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
Why not just simply disable ehtray.exe alltogether and handle everything with Eventghost? MCE should work fine with this service disabled.

Check the last post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47795.0
Disabling HID when you load the MCE Plugin in EventGhost does what you suggest. I was simply trying to work around using EventGhost for MCE control.

B
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
Where on earth do I put these 2 python scripts and how do I map the keys?
I have installed EventGhost and downloaded the zip file from this tread.
It is all very confusing.
I've got EventGhost and my MCE remote working brilliantly with XBMC except for one command. I've mapped the DVD Menu button to the OSD Menu but it's not working inside XBMC when I am playing music with visualization. I can see in EventGhost when I press the DVD Menu button on my remote that it's running the OSD macro and issuing the XBMC OSD command but inside XBMC it does nothing. Pressing "M" on the keyboard brings up the OSD as expected.

Thoughts?

If I can get this working I'll write a step-by-step tutorial from soup-to-nuts on getting EventGhost/MCE/XBMC all working and include my configuration for EventGhost. This is the only thing standing in the way unfortunately.
MockY Wrote:Where on earth do I put these 2 python scripts and how do I map the keys?
I have installed EventGhost and downloaded the zip file from this tread.
It is all very confusing.

did you read any of the posts on the EG forum?
did you read the EG wiki? http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/Main_Page

all the necessary info is there.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
So I should install this even though I'm using the February 2009 build of EventGhost?
ryansebiz Wrote:So I should install this even though I'm using the February 2009 build of EventGhost?

post on the EG forum... that is where EG support is!
Livin Wrote:post on the EG forum... that is where EG support is!

I appreciate your kind help with an XBMC plugin related question.

Thanks so much!
This tutorial is getting pretty outdated.

Someone just wrote an updated one but it quickly fell off the front page. We should maybe get it into the remote sticky.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46595
ryansebiz Wrote:I appreciate your kind help with an XBMC plugin related question.

Thanks so much!

your question is not an XBMC only answer, it is to 'how' EG works... where/how plug-ins are installed and used. Yes, it IS an EG question. OH, and IF you had looked on the EG forum you'd have seen a rather large post specific to the XBMC plug-in.

noobs are so... noobish.
Livin Wrote:your question is not an XBMC only answer, it is to 'how' EG works... where/how plug-ins are installed and used. Yes, it IS an EG question. OH, and IF you had looked on the EG forum you'd have seen a rather large post specific to the XBMC plug-in.

noobs are so... noobish.

Don't feed the troll.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available0