• 7(current)
New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available
If anyone has a clue on why only the "osd" action isn't doing anything inside XBMC, I meant it when I said it was the last piece that I needed to write up a complete A-Z guide to making it work. All the pieces are scattered here and there but I can put it together into a guide. I can't do that though if there's stuff not working and I have to go find something else to use instead Sad. Eventghost is definitely showing "XMBC:OSD Menu" is being issued (on the event logger) but it does nothing inside XBMC. If there's anything I can do to help debug or try just let me know.

XBMCSetup-Rev18257-jester.exe
EventGhost_0.3.7.r851_Setup.exe
EventGhost XBMC plugin v0.2
Livin Wrote:did you read any of the posts on the EG forum?
did you read the EG wiki? http://www.eventghost.org/wiki/Main_Page

all the necessary info is there.

I have looked through both those sources and nowhere does it say how to do this. Very bizarre.
MockY Wrote:I have looked through both those sources and nowhere does it say how to do this. Very bizarre.

Don't feel bad. I spent hours searching and didn't find the information outlined clearly anywhere. I think most of the information available assumes you already have a clear understanding of how XBMC and Eventghost would need to interact.

I outlined the remaining steps in response to a post made here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46595

Good luck!
Dougie Fresh Wrote:If anyone has a clue on why only the "osd" action isn't doing anything inside XBMC, I meant it when I said it was the last piece that I needed to write up a complete A-Z guide to making it work. All the pieces are scattered here and there but I can put it together into a guide. I can't do that though if there's stuff not working and I have to go find something else to use instead Sad. Eventghost is definitely showing "XBMC:OSD Menu" is being issued (on the event logger) but it does nothing inside XBMC. If there's anything I can do to help debug or try just let me know.

I would like to bump this as i'm having the same problem. the eventghost xbmc plugin sends the "osd" command as an xbmc_actions (NOT buttonremote).

it is working while watching a video but it DOES NOT work while listening to music in fullscreen!

is that a known bug ?

Cheers
BTW, I worked around this by mapping the menu button to simulate a "M" on the keyboard. Oh well.
Yes i knew that solution :-)

The Problem is, that i'm controlling xbmc from a different machine (eventghost server) using tcp/ip to the xbmc eventserver running on my mediacenter pc.

The only ugly "solution" would be to send a networkevent from the eventghost server to the eventghost "client" on the xbmc machine... and generate the "M" keypress there :-(

so is that a known bug in the eventserver of xbmc ? (i'm using the latest build of xbmc)

Thanks

Marcel
Is it possible to create a macro in eventghost to clean the library?
I am new to eventghost but would like to press certain keyboard keys to manipulate xbmc in ways that are not previously designed.

-Describe a benefit of how one uses eventghost with XBMC?
-Does it conflict with the keymap config?
-Can I configure EventGhost to play a video with an external player by a single key press?
-How do you install this plugin anyways?

thx
Dougie Fresh Wrote:BTW, I worked around this by mapping the menu button to simulate a "M" on the keyboard. Oh well.

I was about to suggest that workaround, but looks like you've found it already! I'm also in a position where I've got my MCE Remote + EventGhost + XBMC working very well together and am very happy...

Even spent a bit of time setting up multitap, so I can use the number buttons on the remote to type letters, which helps with jumping to movies and typing etc etc

One tiny issue I have is with the repeat delay when navigating up, down, left and right as sometimes it jumps a little...can you advise what you have yours set to?

Finally, for anyone who wants to setup EventGhost my advice would be to follow the "flawless and easy" post stickied in the XBMC for Windows forum, download the EventGhost software from their site, then just play around with it. It's pretty easy to get going and the forum here and at EG is full of info..

When it's working it's just as good as navigating in Media Center..

Dougie - I think your offer of a step by step, from start to beginning would also go down well....
To start, thanks to the authors of EventGhost. Very clever. I now have seamless switching and control of XBMC, MCE and PowerDVD on my HTPC.

However I've got one minor niggle. I'm using a XP MCE remote to control things. To do menu navigation I'm using up/down/left/right/ok which is pretty normal I assume. My problem is that I also use the up/down/left/right keys for Big Skip Backward/Forward and Small Skip Backward/Forward in the same manner as my XBOX remote works.

However when you pull up the OSD menu and move up/down etc the video also jumps back/forward etc since the same keys are doing 2 commands.

This might be a Babylon alpha issue as I'm sure pulling up the OSD before was a context change and hence the skip keys didn't work when moving around the OSD.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

Byron
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
XBMP/XBMC user since 2002!
bramblepants Wrote:Even spent a bit of time setting up multitap, so I can use the number buttons on the remote to type letters, which helps with jumping to movies and typing etc etc

One tiny issue I have is with the repeat delay when navigating up, down, left and right as sometimes it jumps a little...can you advise what you have yours set to?

I'm having a lot of problems with the "smoothness" of my remote pressing. I have to press very slowly and be very determined to get any kind of response from XBMC. Any suggestions as to what this can be (considering the fact you seem to have it working). I'm on Vista x64, if that's even somewhat relevant.
On my skip key question I've answered this elsewhere, and it's because the eventserver in XBMC is not context aware like the old keymap used to be, hence when you press a key evenghost passes it to the event server, and it's the event server that causes the two actions to occur (ie skip and move within the OSD menu). I'm not sure there is much that can be done about this.
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
I'm running XBMC Atlantis Alpha and Eventghost with the MCE XP remote.

Control is pretty good except I can't for the life of me get scrolling up/down in the file lists to be fast or smooth. I've dropped the repeat time to 5ms in the event server settings and changed the MCE remote repeat in eventghost to be 0.12seconds and it's still not as smooth as on my XBOX.

I've tried and tried all sorts of settings.

Does anyone have some settings that work? Or is it simply the processing overhead of eventghost that causes the stutter?

Ta

Byron
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
byronl Wrote:I'm running XBMC Atlantis Alpha and Eventghost with the MCE XP remote.

Control is pretty good except I can't for the life of me get scrolling up/down in the file lists to be fast or smooth. I've dropped the repeat time to 5ms in the event server settings and changed the MCE remote repeat in eventghost to be 0.12seconds and it's still not as smooth as on my XBOX.

I've tried and tried all sorts of settings.

Does anyone have some settings that work? Or is it simply the processing overhead of eventghost that causes the stutter?

Ta

Byron
The only way I got smooth scrolling to work was to not disable the HID service and not mapping the up/down/left/right/select on the MCE remote because they work beautifully out of the box. The only problem with doing that is there are a number of keys that you can't map to XBMC because they will start up Windows Media Center (Recorded TV, Program Guide, Live TV and the big green button). You also won't want to map a number of other buttons since they also work out of the box (0 to 9, clear, enter, vol, mute).
LaTropa64 thanks for this. I went down the HID enabled path and it was painful.

The new plugin at the eventghost forums looks like it might be the go since it solves the skip problem as well, and might reduce some of the delays.

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...5&start=90

See the 2nd last post by miljbee.

I'm going to try it tonight.

Byron
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New EventGhost EventClient for XBMC available0