• 3(current)
Port XBMC to iOS (OS) for running natively on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch possible?
Elgato's Eye TV software can do it on the Mac platform
there used to be an app called nero mobile pro that turned any pda phone into a upnp client. It didn't work that well on my samsung sch-i730 when i tried it around 3 years ago, but they apparently made it for the iphone. You might have trouble finding a legal version since it disappeared from the nero site (at least with my limited searching).
Has anyone considered writing an EventClient app for the iPhone so you can use it as a remote controller for XBMC?

JR
available on the (*shudders*) app store - apparently it got through apple's sensorship.
Here's on remote I've used for XBMC on iphone: http://appshopper.com/entertainment/xbmc-remote

Warning though: it's been pretty buggy for me.
Writing an EventClient for XBMC is straightforward. I wrote one for Windows a while ago though I've never taken the trouble to prettify it. Who knows, if an iPhone turns up for Christmas maybe I'll port my client :-)

JR
You can try AirVideo. It doesn't integrate with XBMC with it does allow you to stream your movie collection with minimal setup and effort.
Lightbulb 
Let me be the first to say, that would be A W E S O M E !

(yea yea I know, one can dream)
I'll be happy to see the first ipad XBMC remote.
well existing apps are supposed to work, so that should be a given
Exclamation 
This would absolutelyCool great! I've been wanting xbmc on the iphone for forever, now with the iPad it would be a nice platform to write to I hope.
gkornato Wrote:I'll be happy to see the first ipad XBMC remote.

Nah why remote when we could have sooooo much more by running it locally....
lewis.donofrio Wrote:Nah why remote when we could have sooooo much more by running it locally....

totally agree. that would be great to have xbmc running on the IPAD and able to see your videos anywhere (even in the RR... lol)
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Wow Sad
Wireless N on the iPad, 720p screen...

Could be rather nice!
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Port XBMC to iOS (OS) for running natively on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch possible?1