• 9(current)
Port XBMC to iOS (OS) for running natively on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch possible?
VLC Media Player for iPad now available, your video codec worries decidedly lessen

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/20/vlc-m.../#comments

Perhaps XBMC will make it's way towards IPAD as well Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Great! I wouldn't hold my breath for XBMC on IPad, though :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Why bother with local apps that use local files when you can stream and convert on the fly with things like AirVideo and iFunia iPad Video Converter? I really just don't see value in this at all. Also, how does one ftp a file to the player? It seems to require iTunes... at least the opening screen seems to point to that. If this had the ability to access dropbox, ftp or the like it might be nice for someone who is on the go and offline (airplane etc.) With iFunia you can convert on the fly or locally as well so with just a few more minutes you get the best of both worlds in one app.
Bellu Wrote:Why bother with local apps that use local files when you can stream and convert on the fly with things like AirVideo and iFunia iPad Video Converter?

And who said that XBMC for IPad should play local files? But browse your XBMC library and stream movies and music... would very nice.

Ifunia converter for 29$ !!?? No thanks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Bellu Wrote:Why bother with local apps that use local files when you can stream and convert on the fly with things like AirVideo and iFunia iPad Video Converter? I really just don't see value in this at all. Also, how does one ftp a file to the player? It seems to require iTunes... at least the opening screen seems to point to that. If this had the ability to access dropbox, ftp or the like it might be nice for someone who is on the go and offline (airplane etc.) With iFunia you can convert on the fly or locally as well so with just a few more minutes you get the best of both worlds in one app.

Because not everyone lives in countries that give you super fast unlimited mobile internet is the biggest reason
Star 
pecinko Wrote:And who said that XBMC for IPad should play local files? But browse your XBMC library and stream movies and music... would very nice.

Ifunia converter for 29$ !!?? No thanks.
I've already spotted an Iphone controlling XBMC with a gorgeous interface, the same app should work on the Apad, bet the Samsung galaxy would even be better...
you can already stream videos using AirVideo, its a $3 app and works really great, I love that it lets you specify bitrate so you can lower the quality while you are remote or on a slower connection.

the XBMC remote app also works really well, when I am at home I almost never touch my regular remote as using the iPad or my Android phone as a remote control is so much nicer!!

for streaming your own music library there is no better solution than Subsonic
kingoftowns Wrote:you can already stream videos using AirVideo, its a $3 app and works really great, I love that it lets you specify bitrate so you can lower the quality while you are remote or on a slower connection.

the XBMC remote app also works really well, when I am at home I almost never touch my regular remote as using the iPad or my Android phone as a remote control is so much nicer!!

for streaming your own music library there is no better solution than Subsonic

Just tried free version, had problem with one movie otherwise worked nicely. However, problem is that you loose XBMC library.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Just tried free version, had problem with one movie otherwise worked nicely. However, problem is that you loose XBMC library.

not sure what you mean by lose XBMC Library. do you mean that XBMC scraped everything and thats not available in AirVideo? I use ember media manager for all the artwork and rename all files right after I download them so I dont have a problem using it.
kingoftowns Wrote:not sure what you mean by lose XBMC Library. do you mean that XBMC scraped everything and thats not available in AirVideo? I use ember media manager for all the artwork and rename all files right after I download them so I dont have a problem using it.

That's exactly what I meant. Either you have a

remote app which gets data from XBMC library but remote apps usually don't come with streaming desktop app, meaning you have to demux to M4V

or you have the

AirVideo like app. Those usually don't read XBMC library.

I have covers and nfo files, but AirPlay does not support them AFAICT.

All in all, not such a big deal - that's just me looking for perfection. As I can live just fine with 720p I'll wait for a new ATV and decide then which way to go.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

edwinmcdunlap Wrote:Too bad the HP Slate was canceled.

Well, the slate is un-cancelled.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2010...ablets.ars

Looks like Windows 7 on ARM architecture.

Guess we'll see what McGeagh and gang come up with...

-Wes

EDIT: oops, I must have been tired. Thanks Hannes. It's an Atom, not ARM
waldo22 Wrote:Looks like Windows 7 on ARM architecture.

looks like win7 on an Atom to me...
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
For davilla :-)

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/09/a...ailbroken/

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Rainbow 
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2011/01/20/you-as...d-iphone4/

Just installed on my iPad, and its the real deal. UI animations are a bit clunky, and double-tap means right-click, but the few things I tested worked, including playing over wifi from a samba share on my NAS, and streaming from the Internet using the Ted plug-in. (Clearly the settings and plug-in client work too.)

Nice!
any 1 manage to get xbmc to work over 3g?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Port XBMC to iOS (OS) for running natively on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch possible?1