REMOTE: Logitech Harmony 880 + iMON Receiver
I have an iMON Receiver in my HTPC (ThermalTake Mozart somethingorother)
I have a Logitech Harmony 880 multidevice remote.

I have programmed most of the functions to the Harmony 880.. but where do I go from here? I feel like I'm missing some component that takes responses from the receiver and passes them to something XBMC understands.

Can someone give me a gentle push in the right direction? Thanks in advance!
I use the Imon software and add XBMC as an app. Then, I map keystrokes to the corresponding buttons. I have an IMO file created but I have no idea how to share it with others easily.

As well, because I've been using XBMC for many years (I even used XBMP in the old days), I use the keymap.xml some other kind fellow posted. That lets me mimic the Xbox layout.
Great post amerrykan. I'm sure there are many users of xbmc that use the Harmony 880 as well as an iMon receiver in their HTPC.

Since I am one of those people, I would be curious to know how you have thus far "programmed most of the functions to the Harmony".

paco's IMO file would also be a helpful start for those of use with an iMon remote and receiver. To share this IMO file with others, perhaps it could simply be uploaded to a free FTP site such as MEGAUPLOAD. The link to the file could then be posted on this forum for anyone to download from the FTP site. I haven't tested this, but don't see why it shouldn't work.

In any case, I trust that this thread will get a few more ideas.

Looking forward to hearing from others.
Apostruk Wrote:Since I am one of those people, I would be curious to know how you have thus far "programmed most of the functions to the Harmony".
I downloaded the Logitech software, and set up a new device called "Media Center". It took me about an hour to program all the buttons into the Harmony, and then try to decide what functions should be mapped to what buttons.
I've got the 880 too...although I'm using a USB-UIRT transciever. I've tried IR Server Suite to no avail, but a bunch of people have had great luck with that. You can also try Event Ghost or Girder. I didn't have any luck with Girder either, which leads me to believe maybe my USB-UIRT is faulty.
I use an 880 with my Antec Fusion Black. In the Harmony software, you can use either a Media Center PC or an Antec Fusion. Both configs work but the Media Center PC has the extra buttons that the Antec can't receive (Blue, Red, etc...).

The included Imon software by Soundgraph let's you add applications and configure the remote's behavior depending on app that has the focus. Here's my IMO file to help those getting started.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf18d...b9a8902bda

In the Imon Manager, under Program Commands, click 'add Program'. Once you've selected the XBMC app, click Import and select the XBMC.IMO file included in the link above.

Depending on how you map your Hamony, you may need to adjust the mappings. I arranged the Harmony keys exactly like I had on my Xbox.

Good Luck!
paco Wrote:I use an 880 with my Antec Fusion Black. In the Harmony software, you can use either a Media Center PC or an Antec Fusion. Both configs work but the Media Center PC has the extra buttons that the Antec can't receive (Blue, Red, etc...).

The included Imon software by Soundgraph let's you add applications and configure the remote's behavior depending on app that has the focus. Here's my IMO file to help those getting started.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf18d...b9a8902bda

In the Imon Manager, under Program Commands, click 'add Program'. Once you've selected the XBMC app, click Import and select the XBMC.IMO file included in the link above.

Depending on how you map your Hamony, you may need to adjust the mappings. I arranged the Harmony keys exactly like I had on my Xbox.

Good Luck!
Thanks paco, I'll take a look at this when some free time opens up. I had previously started building the button mappings, made it about three buttons in before something shiny distracted me. Much appreciated!
I have set up my remote w/ the harmony software , and configured the IMO manager to operate exactly the way i want with the key strokes.

The problem is nothing seems to be working at all.

The harmony is set up to be a MCE remote and functions under XBMC, but when I try the custom buttons I created with the keyboard they don't work on the remote.

The Harmony Software appears to override it. Either that or my IMON software is not working.

The settings in my harmony seem to override the key strokes

for example

Function - Shutdown

Shortcut - ( S )

RC Button Name - (MCE Remote) 1

ON the harmony

Button - (Menu)

Command - (1 )

I'm assuming i'm doing something a$$ backwards can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Hi! thirst of all I think this should be a sticky in the Remote tutorial section. I have a Antec Fusion 430 and a Logitech Harmony 525 and am using XBMC.imo ( http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf18d...b9a8902bda ) with ( http://www.antec.com/download/iMON_7_40_0806_ANTEC.zip ) [No extra drivers needed with fresh Windows install] and it works like a charm.

After installing iMon, I whent to the iMon Manager Meny: Settings/Program Command, Pressed Add Program (XBMC was open) then I chose Import and then your done! :-)

I haven't added any new buttons because all the impotent ones are there. And you can even access XBMC if the mouse is on the computer screen by pressing the right arrow twice.

But is there any way to start and close XBMC with a button on a secondary tv screen? I have tryed using the command Start in the Harmony display and the program starts but with a message that says that the program have crashed, the program is still operational but the windows message is covering everything :-(
I have also used UltraMon 3,03 and created a new shortcut that starts XBMC on my second screen but with the same message stupid crashed message blocking everything. This happens for using the setting start on monitor 2 and make monitor 2 primary.

Does it crash for everyone else or just me, do anyone know what I can do to stop it from crashing when using a command to start XBMC?

I have also tested to start with xbmcLaunch.exe on monitor 2 and then it starts just fine without crashing but in Window mode so I have the Title Window with Min/Max and I still got no shortcut that start XBMC on Monitor 2 directly.. :-(

My system is a Windows XP SP3 install with XBMCSetup-Rev16863.exe and iMON_7_40_0806_ANTEC.. Don't know what else to mention..
No one knows? or you need more info? :-(
Hello!

Paco, thanks for pointing me in the right direction with what to search for. I really appreciate your help.

I have been looking at iMon, and the Harmony software and I am struggling with the following:

Harmony software allows me to modify button use. Looking at the Teletext (Colour) buttons, they are set to the corresponding colour...Red, Green, Blue, Yellow. But iMon has no knowledge of these buttons...it isn't in their list of programmable buttons when I have the remote set as an MCE....is there any way to make it allow me to program the teletex buttons? Or in Harmony, must I assign those buttons to some other command?

I would like to assign some launch program commands to these buttons as they are conveniently out of the way
Glad to hear you're getting it working. The mysterious 'colour' buttons are DISABLED in the Antec case. Only Antec decided to do this. Antec disabled the IR for these devices. My friend has a Thermaltake case with an Imon VFD and it supports many more additional functions.

I can live without the extra buttons (although they would be nice!) but my biggest gripe with this setup is the Blue on Blue text. The idiot who decided on that colour combo should get a hard slap to the head. Imon has many different options but after who knows how many meetings and/or discussions this is the one they decided on.
In the harmony software, I assigned the teletext buttons to MyVideo, MyMusic, MyRadio e.t.c. as they are buttons I had not planned on using.

Then in iMon, I set MyVideo to use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + X, which I have set as a shortcut to launch XBMC.

This seemed to work, but after repeated attempts, it seems like this shortcut works 50% of the time. Sometimes it does nothing at all and I can't figure out why.

Same goes for when I am in Windows Media Centre. If I attempt to launch XBMC via the shortcut button, it wont work...theoretically it should, but it doesn't :/

I tried assigning one of the buttons to task launcher app, and included XBMC into the list of apps to launch - but hell, it opens XBMC in window mode! grrr. It opens Windows Media Centre just fine though.

Another little gripe also, the imon virtual keyboard is weird. I can get it to show up by assigning it to a button on the remote, but for the life of me can't use the remote to navigate to & push any buttons on the keyboard :/
soundwave03 Wrote:I tried assigning one of the buttons to task launcher app, and included XBMC into the list of apps to launch - but hell, it opens XBMC in window mode! grrr. It opens Windows Media Centre just fine though.

Don't forget to add the -fs at the end of the shortcut (I assume you're using MCE menu customizer?). I use it all the time and it works great. The only thing I have to remember is to stop any programs I'm watching live (I did this once and the audio from a TV show was playing the background while I was in XBMC...ooops).

Myself, I don't bother with the Music, Pictures and Recorded TV buttons. They are pretty much hardcoded in Windows that if the focus is lost, Vista MCE launches. I can live without those buttons.

The only way around it would be to change Imon to make XBMC the quicklaunch app and launch Vista MCE from XBMC if need be. If you change the quicklaunch function in Imon those buttons behave differently when in Windows.
hi again paco

No, I am not using MCE menu customizer?

I am running Vista Ultimate.

I get XBMC to start automatically on startup and it starts in full screen mode. But it is occasionally prone to crashing so i want to map that imon application launcher to a remote button so I can restart xbmc if I have to.

But the iMon Application launcher still loads XBMC in windows mode. I tried adding -fs to the path in the shortcut (properties), but it gave me an error. It didn't like -fs.

EDIT:

Okay, I changed the application launcher settings so, I linked to a shortcut on the desktop instead of the actual EXE file in the program files/XBMC folder. This did the trick. It now opens in fullscreen. This is a bit strange as I cannot explain why linking to a shortcut would solve the issue. SHRUG.

Thanks

Soundwave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
REMOTE: Logitech Harmony 880 + iMON Receiver0