• 3(current)
Video playback drops back to menu after 30 seconds (approx)
May be possibly related to http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4520

Can some of you please test the exes that jmarshal has attached there and then report results?

Thanks.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I test it as soon as I get home.
And yes I am on Vista SP1 ultimate x64
tslayer Wrote:May be possibly related to http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4520

Can some of you please test the exes that jmarshal has attached there and then report results?

Thanks.

Tested playback of a handfulof files and had no problems at all. I then closed XBMC and re-opened it to try a couple of files again and had no problems.

Of course, this was only a short test, but right now I'm not seeing the same "30 second bug".
I've tested in release and debug mode but can't reproduce this bug (XP Sp3).
All dlls are unloaded fine during playback. weird Huh
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Must be a vista only issue.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Don't think so I've seen reports for vista too afaik. I'll test this issue later on my vista laptop.
tslayer Wrote:Must be a vista only issue.

I'm certainly running Vista myself, but it doesn't seem to be an issue that affects all Vista users (and doesn't affect an identical PC I've installed XBMC on).

I will test more files tomorrow to see if the problem really has gone. Though the first file I test upon boot is always the same and - since this problem arose - has never gone past 28-29 seconds, but this time it has been absolutely fine (along with other files). I played a few files through the 1 minute mark as I've seen some people talk about playback ending after 60 secs.
Vista Home Premium, Core2Duo T8100, Nvidia 8400M GT, 2GB RAM
I am currently running the latest version with extra logging to see if it happens. I did run the workaround version for a while but had other issues with that (XBMC hanging at various times, once at the end of video played).
happening for me too on Vista 64, I watched about 10 episodes of a TV show without a single problem. I tried 2 movies, twice each and 30 seconds in *BOOM* back to the main menu. TV shows are fine though. The movies aren't even 720p, just regular DiVX.
tslayer Wrote:May be possibly related to http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4520

Thanks.

I just tried the workaround exe that is attached to that ticket and I am glad to report that the problem I reported in post 11 of this thread has disappeared.

I tried a few times with a movie that was consistently exhibiting the problem so it seems that the workaround indeed fixes the root cause of this issue.
WiSo Wrote:I've tested in release and debug mode but can't reproduce this bug (XP Sp3).
All dlls are unloaded fine during playback. weird Huh

Hi Wiso, I have tried running in release and debug mode under my Vista x86 Sp1 laptop and can't get my issue to show it self in either. If I do regular run under the same computer, the issue is highly reproduceble.

Since my issue (ticket 4520) shows the same error in log file, I just thought you should know.

I can't reproduce my issue on two of my other winxp (sp2 and sp3) system, but on another Vista system it's occurs when running in normal mode (not under VS2008).

Regards
at
I had this problem started happening after I made some changes in the buffer, I set it back to normal, but still had the problems.
I know, weird....
Vista 64 bits here.
I did a system restore, to before the changes, reinstall XMBC, and everything is back to normal. Maybe this help. But I guess if the attached Dlls work, you better try them first.!
Tested it on Vista 32Bit. Also no problem during unloading dlls and the video plays fine.
I have figured something out with my case, if I reboot and run XBMC right when Vista has loaded, it seems to work. I watched a movie last night. But right before the reboot it was dropping back to the main menu. I did this 3 times yesterday, where it wasn't playing my content correctly, and rebooted and running XBMC immidaetly seemed to work. Then when I'd try XBMC again after a few hours I'd have to reboot again. I don't even know what to think. But does this work for anyone else? Makes no sense, but I've duplicated it 4 times. I would say the problem is definitly a buffer issue. 480 content seems to play about 30 seconds, 720/1080p I'm lucky to get 10 seconds.

very weird Sad
quebert Wrote:I have figured something out with my case, if I reboot and run XBMC right when Vista has loaded, it seems to work. But does this work for anyone else?(

Before making the changes posted here this didn't work for me - I was testing files as soon as the machine had booted and XBMC has run from the startup folder.

To confirm, since my last post I've used XBMC a couple more times and had no problems with playing files. In my case the fix seems to have resolved the issue and not yet noticed any other problems crop up as a consequence.
Vista Home Premium, Core2Duo T8100, Nvidia 8400M GT, 2GB RAM
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback drops back to menu after 30 seconds (approx)0