[APPLE TV] 1080p Full Screen (FullHD FullScreen)?
Question 
Hi,

I just installed XBMC via Patchstick. Everything loads up fine, although for some reason the display is not full screen. It shows as a OS X-looking window about 50 of the screen, centered at the top.

My Apple TV setting is 1080p, which is the resolution of my TV. When changing the resolution in XBMC from the appearance settings all of which make a window that is too big for my screen.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
C.
cseasy Wrote:Hi,

I just installed XBMC via Patchstick. Everything loads up fine, although for some reason the display is not full screen. It shows as a OS X-looking window about 50 of the screen, centered at the top.

My Apple TV setting is 1080p, which is the resolution of my TV. When changing the resolution in XBMC from the appearance settings all of which make a window that is too big for my screen.

Did you pick 1080p or 1920 x 1080 fullscreen
Yes, the resulting image was too large for my display, I can make out the "accept" button - should I select that and hope for the best?

C.
So I picked the one before "Auto", don't remember the resolution, but it was something weird like 1280 x 760 - did the trick. Not sure why, but cool Smile
I just installed XBMC on my brand new ATV. Everything installed and works, however my XBMC is showing in a small window and its not filling the entire screen? My TV is showing that the resolution is currently 1920x1080@60hz. I have a samsung 1080p LCD.

I tried changing the resolution in settings to 1920x1080 but then it appeared to large for my screen? Please help me to set XBMC to 1080p that fills the entire screen perfectly.

Also how do I refresh it after I change the screen resolution? Sorry I'm new to XBMC. Smile
turbinez Wrote:I just installed XBMC on my brand new ATV. Everything installed and works, however my XBMC is showing in a small window and its not filling the entire screen? My TV is showing that the resolution is currently 1920x1080@60hz. I have a samsung 1080p LCD.

I tried changing the resolution in settings to 1920x1080 but then it appeared to large for my screen? Please help me to set XBMC to 1080p that fills the entire screen perfectly.

Also how do I refresh it after I change the screen resolution? Sorry I'm new to XBMC. Smile

Did any setting have "FullScreen" mentioned ?

edit guisettings.xml and change it back to auto maybe?
davilla, the only fullscreen one is 1280x720 (fullscreen), my appletv settings are set to 1080p though.

Even tho 1280x720p looks like its filling up the screen, when i play a song the left side looks a bit cut off for some reason. My TV signal is showing that its in 1920x1080@60hz, but the setting i have it on in xbmc is 1280x720 (fullscreen). I switched back to auto and that didnt seem to help either, it took me to a white screen saying xbmc title bar and it didnt look like it was too large to fit my tv screen. Any ideas?
turbinez Wrote:davilla, the only fullscreen one is 1280x720 (fullscreen), my appletv settings are set to 1080p though.

Even tho 1280x720p looks like its filling up the screen, when i play a song the left side looks a bit cut off for some reason. My TV signal is showing that its in 1920x1080@60hz, but the setting i have it on in xbmc is 1280x720 (fullscreen). I switched back to auto and that didnt seem to help either, it took me to a white screen saying xbmc title bar and it didnt look like it was too large to fit my tv screen. Any ideas?

There's something funny about beta1 on the AppleTV under 1080p. It will be looked into, can you in the mean time use 720p as the TV resolution.
i too am having the exact same problem as you. how did you fix this? i have atv settings at 1080p, currently i am using 1280x720 (fullscreen) setting under XBMC, but im not sure if this is optimal since my tv native is 1920x1080p.

Im using a samsung lcd 1080p, HDMI connection.
Whats the point of using 1080p? I though the Apple TV could only support 720p? Or is that just for the menu?
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Whats the point of using 1080p? I though the Apple TV could only support 720p? Or is that just for the menu?
The GUI menu can be displayed in native 1080p, and all standard-definitions videos (and most 720p videos) should be able to upscale to 1080p just fine, and better than your TV's built-in upscaler.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
has there been any progress towards solving this problem? i am currently running the beta2 and i'm not able to set xbmc into fullscreen mode on my apple tv ... with any settings of the following settings for my apple tv: 720p and 1080p
Hi,

I got mine okay using 1080p by setting it to 1280x720 {Full Screen] then used Video Calibration to set it correctly and it looks nice Smile
worked just fine!!! thank you!!!
I am trying to get the resolution correct, and as I was trying out different resolutions, one of the settings put the "accept" or "no" off the screen so I couldn't see which one I was supposed to select. I ended up clicking the "accept" so now I can't see anything except the top 10% of the XBMC menu. Is there a way to reset to default so I can continue trying to find the correct resolution setting?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] 1080p Full Screen (FullHD FullScreen)?0