DVI to composite/svideo
yeah, the DVI-D to DVI-I converters that I found were actually the converter box type things, which always cost a heap Sad

The laptop actually has VGA out as well (but no tv-out through the VGA port), but the TV doesn't have a VGA input anyway! haha, nothing is ever easy Tongue

Maybe it's time to upgrade the old TV, then I can just get a DVI-D to HDMI cable Smile
its ether the HDFury2 or some usb to composite thingy, which i have no experience with so i dont know what the quality is.
I have recieved my cable. It doesn't seem to be working... I've hooked up by DVI output on my computer, and i'm using the Svideo inputs on my laptop USB capture card... I have no signal. Granted, I've never actually used the Svideo input on this capture card, so i have no idea if it actually works. But initial signs point to no.

Who would sell a cable with S-Video on it that didn't work?
Well I finally got around to testing my cable with my fully built HTPC system.

It's based around an intel DG45FC motherboard (nice tiny little motherboard but don't change memory settings or it'll brick)

The S-Video hookup seems to actually kind of work. It's black and white and very very fuzzy, like it's using the wrong resolution or something. I think it's outputting in PAL instead of NTSC. It is working though, you can kind of make out the Vista logo when it boots and things like that.

So I've done some googling and can't come up with anything for configuring an SDTV with my X4500HD based graphics system. Anybody know how to set NTSC on an Intel G45 based system? Could the cable that I ordered (i don't think it was from the US) be the problem?
Did you figure out how to get the Intel board (or any board for that matter) to output YPbPr (component video) over the Analog pins of the DVI-I or the VGA connector?

It has to be supported in hardware AND software, otherwise you have to buy a RGB->Component converter, not just a cable that adapts one plug to the other.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVI to composite/svideo0