[APPLE TV] Upscaling sluggish
Hello.

I've tried a few upscaling settings on my AppleTV XBMC but all of them have resulted in unresponsive sluggishness in playback. Is upscaling on the AppleTV impossible or can I make it work somehow?

Thanks.
Software upscaling is currently not recommended on the Apple TV, especially if your output is 720p or higher.

The good news however is that the Apple TV has an nVidia 7300, which means it will benefit from hardware accelerated upscaling shaders, of which there is currently one, the bicubic upscaler. Note however, that the hardware accelerated upscalers are work in progress and haven't been tested at all on the Apple TV, so it may not work as expected.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

d4rk Wrote:Software upscaling is currently not recommended on the Apple TV, especially if your output is 720p or higher.

The good news however is that the Apple TV has an nVidia 7300, which means it will benefit from hardware accelerated upscaling shaders, of which there is currently one, the bicubic upscaler. Note however, that the hardware accelerated upscalers are work in progress and haven't been tested at all on the Apple TV, so it may not work as expected.

Thanks. I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat then for working hardware accelerated upscaling shaders on the AppleTV.
One question I'd like to add: Is there any way of testing this upscaler in my XBMC installation now?
d4rk Wrote:The good news however is that the Apple TV has an nVidia 7300, which means it will benefit from hardware accelerated upscaling shaders, of which there is currently one, the bicubic upscaler.
Though currently there seem to be a bug in the bicubic upscaling filter, see: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4965

Sad
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] Upscaling sluggish0