[APPLE TV] New Apple TV software version 2.2 working with XBMC for Mac?
Question 
Anyone updated to the new ATV version 2.2 and has XBMC installed?

Also does the ATV XBMC Patchstick stop the Apple TV from Auto Updating to this new version?
Yup, works fine on 2.2. Not sure about your 2nd question, but I don't think it prevents any updates or anything of the sort.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Hold off on updating to AppleTV update 2.2

IR Remote handling by the Launcher is broke. If you are running the special build of XBMCHelper you will be fine, if not do NOT update to 2.2 yet until we can roll out another release.
davilla Wrote:Hold off on updating to AppleTV update 2.2

IR Remote handling by the Launcher is broke. If you are running the special build of XBMCHelper you will be fine, if not do NOT update to 2.2 yet until we can roll out another release.

is there a ballpark timing on the new release? day/week/month?

Was planning on updating my 1.1 box and re modding this weekend since its a 2.x frappliance...but that has become a no go for now.
i updated to 2.2 last night by accident. Can I still use my existing patchstick to reinstall XBMC?

If yes, how do I get the apple remote to work again?
turbinez Wrote:i updated to 2.2 last night by accident. Can I still use my existing patchstick to reinstall XBMC?

If yes, how do I get the apple remote to work again?

The stick will work under 2.2, that get's ssh working again.

XBMC will have IR broken until we roll out the new Launcher
is there a workaround to get the IR to work in the meantime?
where can i get that special build of the helper?
Question 
Hi guys, need some help.

Recently installed XBMC and Boxee on my Apple Tv v2.2. I cant get the apple remote to work, is there something im missing here? Any help would be great, cheers!
Greetings, there are currently issues with the Apple Remote on 2.2. The issues are already fixed in code, so the next build will work much better on 2.2 (next few days).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/...XBMCHelper
The Helper didn't help me. I had problems with XBMC with error 10 and 5, so I had to do a reinstall today, and didn't realize Apple had come up with 2.2 - so now I'm out of luck.

I replaced the helper, and did the chmod +x, is there anything else I need to do?
Guys, Great work, i look forward to the update... this had breathed new life into my Apple TV!!!! Many thanks
XBMC Launcher ->Settings - Use Internal IR -> OFF

That will switch IR control from Launcher to XBMCHelper
Is there a reason to use one setting over the other, for people who haven't upgraded to 2.2 yet? What is the reason for having that option? I left mine to on since that is the default and I have a "don't fix what ain't broken" policy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] New Apple TV software version 2.2 working with XBMC for Mac?0