• 38(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
Oh, one other thing I noticed.. I thought I read that you hold a button down and it's not just 1 press, it's like ur holding the key down on an actual keyboard.

That doesn't work for me. Down arrow for example. I hold down the button on the remote that I assigned it and in kodi tvshow list it only moves down one spot. If I used an actual keyboard it would scroll quickly toward the bottom of the show list.
I have PREV and NEXT Buttons do a Shift+Left/Shift+Right action, but it acts as it just sends left or right without shift. This basically does a large framejump inside mpc-hc, but when buttons are pressed it sends a small framejump as if it did a plain left/right arrow command. Manually presseing shift+Arrows on keyboard deos give me a large framjump so this is not an mpc-hc issue
Question:
I am accessing though and Amazon Fire Tv Stick. Recently it has been asking me to register for an Amazon Account? Has anyone else experienced this?
If so, How do you bypass it?

Thanks,
There doesnt seem to be any more support, everybody has left and now there's only us asking questions. Its basically everybody figure it out by yourselves
THREAD NECRO!!!!

My Ps3 remote still works like a charm on a Windows 7 system but an issue I've come up against on a newer computer with Windows 10 is MS now won't allow you to add a bluetooth device without a pairing code, 0000 etc doesn't work so I can't add the Ps3 remote as a bluetooth device even though windows does find it.

Is there any way around this?
I'll be seriously bleak if I can't use my PS3 remote on Win 10, a PS3 remote coupled with the PS3BluMote app is the best remote solution I've come across.
(2018-04-02, 14:03)TinFoil Wrote: THREAD NECRO!!!!

My Ps3 remote still works like a charm on a Windows 7 system but an issue I've come up against on a newer computer with Windows 10 is MS now won't allow you to add a bluetooth device without a pairing code, 0000 etc doesn't work so I can't add the Ps3 remote as a bluetooth device even though windows does find it.

I'll be seriously bleak if I can't use my PS3 remote on Win 10, a PS3 remote coupled with the PS3BluMote app is the best remote solution I've come across.
Use the Control Panel / Add a device.
This place allows you to add a device without a pairing code.
(2018-04-04, 18:03)SmellyCat Wrote:
(2018-04-02, 14:03)TinFoil Wrote: THREAD NECRO!!!!

Use the Control Panel / Add a device.
This place allows you to add a device without a pairing code.  
Thanks SmellyCat, I finally found that same solution elsewhere and it does work:
Right click on the BT icon in system tray and click on "Join personal area network".
This opens the old "Device and Printers" page, right click on the BT radio and go to settings - I ticked "Allow bluetooth devices to find this pc" just in case.
So you are on the "Device and Printers" page and at the upper right side click "Add a device" and then put the PS3 remote into pairing mode (hold start and enter buttons), if it asks for a pairing code press next and good to go.

Still a great media remote, the old version is the best one Model : CECH-ZR1E(Uses 2 x AA and no IR), uses more power but doesn't need to be re-paired after a battery swop, at least mine never has. The newer version Sony CECH-ZRC1E(uses 2 x AAA batteries and has IR) uses much less power when hibernated but needs to be re-paired everytime you remove the batteries. And PS3blumote still works great on Win 10 even after the latest 1803 April update, you can still get it here: https://github.com/Ben-Barron/PS3BluMote
This one is great gonna use it on my PS3. Is it compatible with xbmc? It's trying to disconnect the bluetooth. 
Go2top.
Hi, new user of PS3BluMote.  Just downloaded from the link in the first post, and noticed the auto-hibernate feature didn't seem to be working.  The system tray icon stays blue, and is the hibernate option greyed out in the application's settings menu.  Holding the PS button down for 6 seconds does work, however. 

I am using the CECHZR1A model on Windows 10. 

Can anyone give me a heads up on what's going on, and how I might fix it?  I know it's an old app and this thread hasn't seen any action in a while, but fingers crossed.  Thx
Hey Guys. I have the CECHZRTE remote. 

I try to pair it with windows 10, but windows always wants a Pin code. there's no option to skip this!

also: I can't find a download link for version 2.04 Sad
your only option is to build it from source. but do note that the last code commit was over 9 years ago, so don' t expect much support Smile sorry
I don't have a link to 2.04, but I do have one for 2.03. This is the version I'm currently using, and it's working for me.

As for your question about the pairing, it's like what TinFoil said. You must hold Start + Enter on the remote while clicking Next. You have to hold it the whole time while it installs drivers. You can do this with one hand on the remote, and the other on your mouse. After the window closes, you should see that the remote is connected to your pc, and the PS3BluMote icon in your tray is now blue instead of grey. 

For instructions that are a little easier to follow, these are instructions from Heckie75 on the PS3BluMote GitHub page. The only thing I'd add to that is the holding Start + Enter thing on the remote.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4