Solved Unable to create GUI: Exiting
I recently installed kodi on my second computer an when I try to open it, it shows an "unable to create GUI" error. I am pasting the logs here:

https://paste.kodi.tv/ibuwasahaq.kodi
Code:
INFO <general>: Running with restricted rights

There could be any number of issues happening when running restricted, retry Kodi with "Run as Administrator" and see if it has any different behavior.
You probably have the wrong or old or no drivers installed for your graphics module. Line 295 shows Kodi is unable to access the graphics module...
xml:
ERROR <general>: DX:Big GrineviceResources::CreateDeviceResources: unable to create hardware device, trying to create WARP devices then.
FATAL <general>: DX:Big GrineviceResources::CreateDeviceResources: unable to create WARP device. Rendering in not possible.
ERROR <general>: DX:Big GrineviceResources::CreateDeviceResources: function call at line 389 ends with error: 887A0004 - DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED (The specified device interface or feature level is not supported on this system.)

Line 260 shows you have only two resolution settings, and they are a bit of an odd selection. You should have at least the traditional 1920x1080 @50 or 60 Hz
xml:

2023-01-06 14:03:20.953 T:7052 INFO <general>: Primary mode: Generic PnP Monitor #1: 1366x768 @ 64.00Hz
2023-01-06 14:03:20.955 T:7052 INFO <general>: Additional mode: Generic PnP Monitor #1: 1024x768 @ 64.00Hz
2023-01-06 14:03:20.955 T:7052 INFO <general>: Additional mode: Generic PnP Monitor #1: 1366x768 @ 64.00Hz
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen Based on the CPU/GPU it's likely some sort of netbook variety which is why it has strange resolutions.

Code:
AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics
(2023-01-06, 20:20)nymdbwdp Wrote: 's likely some sort of netbook variety
Yes, it does sound like a laptop or notebook. Maybe it does not have 1920x1080 resolution? I don't know the exact specs, but it does support DirectX 12, and Kodi needs a minimum of DirectX 11
Almost anything build in the last 12 years should work ok with Kodi, so when it doesn't its usually a system setup problem
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That feature level message means the installed gpu driver does not support DX11 Feature Level 9.1. If you're using drivers from the maker of the pc you're using then try snd find suitable drivers direct from AMD.
Thanks for the advice. Apparently it was a display driver issue
thank you so much !!! i had recently re-installed windows and hadn't installed the graphics driver yet.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to create GUI: Exiting0