• 19(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
CursiveQ Wrote:hey guys, this is kind of a cross post, but i had setup the ps3bluemote and usb dongle/ps3 remote fine and everything was working great. i left things on for a day and came back and nothing works now. i changed out the batteries to the ps3 remote and paired/repaired things several times. it is connected under devices. however, with the ps3bluemote app still shows that the remote is not connected.

when i first repair the device the bluemote app will show connected for a split second then disconnected again. can someone help me with this? thank you.

looks like the ps3 remote is now recognized as a keyboard and not a "game controller" when i press the remote it'll hit random keys in windows. for instance the number 1 on the ps3 remote will type "eh" as a keyboard.

Have you tried enabling the HID device?

Try removing the paired device and following the instructions here: http://www.benbarron.com/applications/ps3blumote/readme
cheetah05 Wrote:Have you tried enabling the HID device?

Try removing the paired device and following the instructions here: http://www.benbarron.com/applications/ps3blumote/readme

i assume you mean under the BD remote controller and properties->services there is a check box for keyboard/mouse. if so yes this is enabled. the remote is paired, it just doesn't get recognized under ps3bluemote.

is it possible that ps3bluemote won't detect it because is pairing under keyboard/mouse instead of game controller?
Can somebody please help me with pairing BD remote with PC.

I recently re-installed Windows and now I can't pair the remote no meter what I try. I have MSI Bluetooth dongle and it was working fine but I don't remember what drivers I had.

Now when I try to pair the remote and I press PS+start button I can see remote as "Input device, Bluetooth"... with image of keyboard and mouse. Then i click on it and then click next and still keep pressing PS+start button and then I got message that: Adding this device to this computer failed... It took to long for tis device to respond...

And that's it I can try again but same thing happens, I don't know what to do. The worst thing is that I had it working with same dongle and now I can't do it.

Did I miss something?

edit: I did change batteries.
so i upgraded to the latest version (which is amazing - btw) and i'm using sony's new blumote/ir. which is the perfect solution for me (side note: anyone with a dynex tv, the last insignia code worked for me) but now i'm having this issue.

Last night I paired the remote, and everything worked great (6pm-12am)
when i woke up and tried using it (about 630am) it will no longer work.
I'd have to remove and re-pair.

With the older sony remote, the only issue i had was the battery being drained every 2 weeks or so. but never connectivity problems.

Anyone else experiencing this?

- win7 64bit(is that the issue?). no other programs installed, bare minimum running, this machine is xbmc and ps3blumote only (eventghost installed, but not runninig - I <3 bluemote more...)

thanks. j
are you doing PS+start?
I've always used enter+start..
ljuba Wrote:Can somebody please help me with pairing BD remote with PC.

I recently re-installed Windows and now I can't pair the remote no meter what I try. I have MSI Bluetooth dongle and it was working fine but I don't remember what drivers I had.

Now when I try to pair the remote and I press PS+start button I can see remote as "Input device, Bluetooth"... with image of keyboard and mouse. Then i click on it and then click next and still keep pressing PS+start button and then I got message that: Adding this device to this computer failed... It took to long for tis device to respond...

And that's it I can try again but same thing happens, I don't know what to do. The worst thing is that I had it working with same dongle and now I can't do it.

Did I miss something?

edit: I did change batteries.

I thought it was "enter+start" for pairing mode..
yes, use start+enter to enter pairing mode. I use eventghost with the newer ps3 remote (with TV controls) and the ps3sleep program. everything works great. batteries do not drain after 2 weeks and only takes about 3 sec for the remote to reconnect and work. I am using a cheapo e-bay bluetooth ($5.60) and the microsoft bluetooth stack.
coolasice Wrote:yes, use start+enter to enter pairing mode. I use eventghost with the newer ps3 remote (with TV controls) and the ps3sleep program. everything works great. batteries do not drain after 2 weeks and only takes about 3 sec for the remote to reconnect and work. I am using a cheapo e-bay bluetooth ($5.60) and the microsoft bluetooth stack.

where can i download this "PS3Sleep" program?
discinabq Wrote:where can i download this "PS3Sleep" program?

http://www.mediafire.com/?2dw952avmoud23x

this was posted by SkItZo.
coolasice Wrote:yes, use start+enter to enter pairing mode. I use eventghost with the newer ps3 remote (with TV controls) and the ps3sleep program. everything works great. batteries do not drain after 2 weeks and only takes about 3 sec for the remote to reconnect and work. I am using a cheapo e-bay bluetooth ($5.60) and the microsoft bluetooth stack.

thanks for the heads up, i really like the blumotes ease-of-use. but i guess i'm going to have to acclimate myself to eventghost.
OMG...

Yes, it's that simple, just needed to press enter+start instead PS+start. But how did it work with PS+start. I've always succeeded to find device... Never mind, it doesn't meter anymore.

Thank you so much.
A big thanks to cheetah05 for PS3BluMote!
I've just moved from XBMC on Linux to a Windows setup (have some extra things I want to run on the HTPC) and the usability of my BD remote was one of my main concerns.

I do have one suggestion for cheetah05 -
Given the current concerns/issues with sending the device to sleep, is it possible to modify your app slightly with an option to execute a command after X seconds/minutes of input inactivity?
With this method, if there is no input activity people can execute something like Ps3RemoteSleep or another script/tool of their choosing.

thanks again for a great app!
Cheers
PeterM Wrote:A big thanks to cheetah05 for PS3BluMote!
I've just moved from XBMC on Linux to a Windows setup (have some extra things I want to run on the HTPC) and the usability of my BD remote was one of my main concerns.

I do have one suggestion for cheetah05 -
Given the current concerns/issues with sending the device to sleep, is it possible to modify your app slightly with an option to execute a command after X seconds/minutes of input inactivity?
With this method, if there is no input activity people can execute something like Ps3RemoteSleep or another script/tool of their choosing.

thanks again for a great app!
Cheers

You can create a keyboard shortcut to open the PS3RemoteSleep program (see instructions here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windo...n-programs). You then simply assign that keyboard shortcut to a button on the remote....and your done!
V2.02 has been released to fix the SMSInput bug. Http://www.benbarron.com/applications
cheetah05 Wrote:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windo...n-programs). You then simply assign that keyboard shortcut to a button on the remote....and your done!
Cheers for the suggestion. I did consider doing this however my wife is pretty good at *not* pressing buttons to turn things off, so it doesn't really fit the bill in my situation.

What I have done for now is set up a scheduled task to run ps3remotesleep every 15 minutes.
In my case, I have XBMC sending the machine to sleep after 50 minutes of inactivity, so that gives the machine 3 attempts at turning the remote off before it goes to sleep by itself.
Of course, there is the potential that one of these 15 minute schedule windows will overlap during a moment where someone is trying to use the remote, but given it only takes 6 seconds to run, the remote wakes up and continues responding fast enough that it's not really a problem.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4