• 31(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
Maybe this is old news, but I just saw it today - the PS3 remote can also be used to turn the tv on/off, and control the tv volume. This takes me from a 2-remote solution to 1, which is great and also gives my wife less grief.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/a...te-control
(2013-08-12, 04:04)theredguy Wrote: Maybe this is old news, but I just saw it today - the PS3 remote can also be used to turn the tv on/off, and control the tv volume. This takes me from a 2-remote solution to 1, which is great and also gives my wife less grief.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/a...te-control

Yeah these are good remotes. The issue I have with this IR+Bluetooth one is that it 'forgets' paring every time I change batteries, though... You have the same issue?
Too new for me to know yet. My biggest concern is frequency of replacing batteries. If I need to swap them out every month, that money could have been better spent on a remote that doesn't burn through them so fast.
I've started to see a pattern with my Remote that it forgets the paring sometimes. I've been looking for an alternate solution but can't seem to find one. It would be perfect if I could use the unifying dongle on my NUC in the front and a compatible remote. Wonder if the Harmony can send out keyboard signals through the unifying dongle.
(2013-08-20, 02:28)navigates Wrote: I've started to see a pattern with my Remote that it forgets the paring sometimes. I've been looking for an alternate solution but can't seem to find one. It would be perfect if I could use the unifying dongle on my NUC in the front and a compatible remote. Wonder if the Harmony can send out keyboard signals through the unifying dongle.

Had a similar issue: Which of the two types of PS3 remote? The 'older' non-IR version shouldn't forget pairing: though I had issues with this occurring when hibernation was in place under Windows... (I've since disabled hibernate and it hasn't happened since...)
I have the old one (BT Only - no IR) and it doesn't forget pairing.

But I have noticed that it won't reconnect when batteries are low or when using old/poor rechargeable batteries. Switching to better batteries solve the problem.
Thanks to all XBMC contributors, devs, skinners, scripters, ... It's really an amazing piece of software.
I have the newer remote. I don't have problem with paring it once the battery is gone but when watching a movie it looses paring and I have to reboot the PC to make it work again is very annoying. I've purchased the IR dongle and the SONY RM-MCE40E remote. I've toyed around with FLIRC IR and that puts in ghost responses. Till date, I haven't seen one decent remote solution. The PS3 remote works the best if it would continue working stable. If I disable hibernation then the remote works very well but then I have to change the batteries every week.

Do you recommend me to try the old PS3 Remote? Confused to buy yet another remote. I have tried WD Play remote and that works well but the ghost responses using FLIRC IR is annoying. When watching a movie it will suddenly skip 30 seconds or pause or restart the movie. At one time it rebooted the PC. To top it off I went through all the hops to get the remote shipped out to me separately to use with FLIRC.
Hello everybody.
I've arrived here looking for some news just to found out a new version not published on Ben Barron's web.
I've been testing the new 2.04 version for about an hour and it's killing the insertion/removal sounds permanently.
I've tested with PS3RemoteSleep and the log window shows "Disable hardware sounds", then switches HID service off/on and then shows "Restoring hardware sounds".
With PS3BluMote however, the log is the following:

Code:
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Attempting to hibernate remote.
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Saving device connect/disconnect sounds.
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Disabling device connect/disconnect sounds.
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Disconnecting HID Service from the Remote....
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Read remote data: 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0.
[25/08/2013 19:39:47] :  Remote disconnected.
[25/08/2013 19:39:48] :  Searching for remote.
[25/08/2013 19:39:50] :  Searching for remote.
[25/08/2013 19:39:50] :  HID Service disconnected....
[25/08/2013 19:39:50] :  Reconnecting HID Service from the Remote....
[25/08/2013 19:39:51] :  Searching for remote.
[25/08/2013 19:39:51] :  Remote found.
[25/08/2013 19:39:51] :  Remote connected.
[25/08/2013 19:39:53] :  HID Service reconnected....
[25/08/2013 19:39:53] :  Remote Hibernated.
[25/08/2013 19:39:53] :  Stopping timerHibernation.
[25/08/2013 19:39:53] :  Hibernating Done.

But, as you can see, no clue of restoring the sounds again.

Any help, please?
(2013-08-20, 15:26)miljbee Wrote: I have the old one (BT Only - no IR) and it doesn't forget pairing.

But I have noticed that it won't reconnect when batteries are low or when using old/poor rechargeable batteries. Switching to better batteries solve the problem.

I have purchased the old remote and will give it a shot. if that works and does not forget pairing.. I'll stick with that. I like the new remote but when it forgets the paring its annoying to have to reboot the computer for it to work again. I have purchased so many remotes till date. I also tried FLIRC and purchased the WD Live play tv remote. I've now also purchased the IR dongle for the WD Live remote. I just want a clean and neat solution and haven't found one yet with XBMC on my Intel NUC.
I have the newer style remote and it forgets pairing when the batteries are taken out. my remote usually lasts a couple weeks on rechargeable batteries. I use the ps3remotesleep program with event ghost. works great as a singe remote system.
(2013-08-26, 01:33)coolasice Wrote: I have the newer style remote and it forgets pairing when the batteries are taken out. my remote usually lasts a couple weeks on rechargeable batteries. I use the ps3remotesleep program with event ghost. works great as a singe remote system.

Why don't you use the PS3Blumote 2.0.4 version that has the sleep function built in. I have the newer remote as well and it works well but at times, a button keypress starts the flashing paring mode. A Restart on the PC fixes it back to normal. I don't have to repair the remote unless the battery is changed. I have purchased the old ps3 remote on amazon and will give that a try for some time to see if the same problem exists. Honestly I like the new ps3 remote but when it looses the pairing for the windows session, it gets annoying. The bluetooth keyboard never looses the connection. Its just the remote.
I don't like the ps3bluemote and have had this setup for almost 2 years trouble free. once in a while pairing gets semi-lost and the flashing occurs but usually resolves itself after 15-20 seconds.
(2013-08-26, 07:48)navigates Wrote:
(2013-08-26, 01:33)coolasice Wrote: I have the newer style remote and it forgets pairing when the batteries are taken out. my remote usually lasts a couple weeks on rechargeable batteries. I use the ps3remotesleep program with event ghost. works great as a singe remote system.

Why don't you use the PS3Blumote 2.0.4 version that has the sleep function built in. I have the newer remote as well and it works well but at times, a button keypress starts the flashing paring mode. A Restart on the PC fixes it back to normal. I don't have to repair the remote unless the battery is changed. I have purchased the old ps3 remote on amazon and will give that a try for some time to see if the same problem exists. Honestly I like the new ps3 remote but when it looses the pairing for the windows session, it gets annoying. The bluetooth keyboard never looses the connection. Its just the remote.

I dont think you have to reboot the PC to fix the "blinking LED" problem. I simply remote the BT device using the BT device manager and the select add device and pair with the remote. Then it works for a random amount of time before it does the "blinking" thing again.
Current Kodi: 20.2, Mariadb 10.2 running on Unraid server.
(2013-08-26, 17:08)CaptainTivo Wrote: I dont think you have to reboot the PC to fix the "blinking LED" problem. I simply remote the BT device using the BT device manager and the select add device and pair with the remote. Then it works for a random amount of time before it does the "blinking" thing again.

Roughly how long do you go between occurrences of it. I've had it happen 2-3 times over the past month, but I can't nail down what may be causing it. I don't think that my HTPC coming in and out of sleep is helping the situation much. If I knew sleep was related to this issue I'd probably just leave it on 24x7 to resolve it. Also I think maybe a reboot is less painful than bluetooth re-pair - no?

I think once I managed to get out of it without reboot or re-pair, but I'm not sure how.

I'd love to hear anyone's feedback about how they deal with this. Otherwise this is a great one-remote solution for me.
(2013-08-26, 17:23)theredguy Wrote:
(2013-08-26, 17:08)CaptainTivo Wrote: I dont think you have to reboot the PC to fix the "blinking LED" problem. I simply remote the BT device using the BT device manager and the select add device and pair with the remote. Then it works for a random amount of time before it does the "blinking" thing again.

Roughly how long do you go between occurrences of it. I've had it happen 2-3 times over the past month, but I can't nail down what may be causing it. I don't think that my HTPC coming in and out of sleep is helping the situation much. If I knew sleep was related to this issue I'd probably just leave it on 24x7 to resolve it. Also I think maybe a reboot is less painful than bluetooth re-pair - no?

I think once I managed to get out of it without reboot or re-pair, but I'm not sure how.

I'd love to hear anyone's feedback about how they deal with this. Otherwise this is a great one-remote solution for me.

I cant find a pattern either. I disabled sleep on my HTPC and that had no effect. I thought it was time-related (that is, the length of time between button presses or perhaps how long it had be in "hibernation" but this does not seem to be the case. I have two identical remotes on two different systems (but running the same OS) and they both do the blinking thing. It is a real mystery. Of course, the remotes dont do this when paired with a PS3. They work perfectly all the time. But they do work differently. See my post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1475298 for details on power consumption.
Current Kodi: 20.2, Mariadb 10.2 running on Unraid server.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4