• 7(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
Actually no. It's not sending an O because I don't get codec info up in XBMC when I press the button I assigned it to. In fact it's not sending any command as I don't see any characters in a free text field when I press the button.

On another note, if I want to switch back and forth between controlling my PS3 and PC, will I need to register the remote every time? I went back to my PS3 and the controller was no longer recognized. Is there an easy way to flip between the two?
Just FYI, I got round the problem by adding the ascii code for O (79) in the ps3remotesettings.ini file. Works fine now :-)
has any work been done on this program? it works great for me other than not automatically disconnecting the remote when it's idle. I'm sure there is a way because Remote Buddy for os x does it
Hi there,

I actually came across this in my projects folder today. Starting to research a bit more to find a solution to the battery life issue.

I have actually found a solution to the problem but it doesn't work for 64bit users Sad

Watch this space or Http://www.benbarron.com
well Ben, it will be very much appreciated. im using it every day and i cant believe what a nice combo this remote is with your app!!

p.s. make sure you use version numbers now Wink
were still eagerly awaiting mate! how's works? show us the magic! Wink
Hi guys,

I've got a question. I have a PS3 sitting right next to HTPC. Once I've paired the remote up with the HTPC, what will happen if I press "power button" on my remote? Wouldn't it power up both the PS3 and the HTPC?
did you try it??

if i remember correct the remote can be only paired with 1 devise, so if you want it to control the ps3 you need to re-pair it again.. so no, it doesnt turn on your playstation (i think) but why not press the power button? and find out..
Anyone was able to pair the remote in XP?

I'm able to pair with Vista since there is an option to not use a code but in Windows XP there is no option.

Thanks for the help.
im using xp.. i think most of us are.. just follow the instructions.. itsa breeze

i do wish cheetah05 would release an update with the auto disconnect, thats all there's REALLY missing..

Ben my man.. dont let us down i know your busy..
So I finally was able to get my remote paired with my Windows XP PC.

For the longest time I was not able to pair it at all, there was no option to select pairing with no pairing code.

I had sometime this past Sunday and spent a few hours researching. Turns out that Windows XP just like Vista has the option to pair without a code.

The issue is that Bluetooth support came with Windows XP SP2 and only supported a few Bluetooth adapters.
If yours is not one of the supported then XP won't see it and you will have to install the software that came with your USB adapter.

The two famous ones that I saw while researching are Widcomm and BlueSoleil. I had Wincomm with my Belkin USB adapter.
These software don't give an option to pair with no code and when they are installed they take over the Windows Bluetooth stack and you won't get the Windows wizard that gives the option to pair with no code. That is why you see some people able to pair with XP and some won't. It all depends on the adapter that you have.

Now to get on with it:

1- If you have already installed the software that came with your adapater and are not able to pair with no code then first go to device manager and then look for your adapter. Follow the steps here to get the Hardware ID for your adapter.
http://www.shootingsoftware.com/Widcomm.htm

Get the Hardware ID for your adapter and then add it to the bth.inf file.

2- Once you are done with that, remove your adapter from the USB port and then uninsall the software that came with your adapter, once you do that it will remove all the instances of drivers as well (tested with Widcomm)

3- Turn of your PC and then plug the adapter and then start it up again. Once in Windows again it should automatically install the drivers for your adapter since it is in the list in the bth.inf and the Bluetooth Options should show in Control Panel.

4- Now when you try to pair, the Windows wizard will start and you will have the option to pair with no code.
Tnx for your time and help, i hope this is useful for people that have the same problem, although i have not encountered many, you are probably one of the few that have a bluetooth dongle with limited support/ bad drivers/ bad software..

so i hope your instructions will help them, or buy a normal dongle.. they are not that expensive nowadays
just got this installed and running today BEST EVER
is there a way to make the ps3 remote wake/hibernate the htpc?
boxterduke Wrote:The issue is that Bluetooth support came with Windows XP SP2 and only supported a few Bluetooth adapters.
If yours is not one of the supported then XP won't see it and you will have to install the software that came with your USB adapter.

You dont really have to install 3rd party software to get your BT dongle to work.

Just add a line into bth.inf that identifies your device, and your fine 90% of the time.

In XP:
you will find bth.inf in c:\windows\inf and on line 104 you will find the part labeled '[Microsoft.NT.5.1]'
below it, copy the line that appears and paste it into a new document. change the description to a unique one that fits your adapter

goto device manager and find the question mark device that is your BT adapter. right-click to properties and select details. Highlight the text in the white box and ctrl+c.
paste text into a window and find the vid and pid and swap it into your custom line. (should be right next to each other in the string)

paste custom line into bth.inf, remove and reinsert BT dongle, and update driver, letting windows choose the best one.
Any update on autodisconnect/battery saving etc
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4