• 20(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
When I run ps3remotesleep it looks like win7(64bit) is reinstalling drivers for remote but it doesn't disconnect. What am I doing wrong?
PeterM Wrote:Cheers for the suggestion. I did consider doing this however my wife is pretty good at *not* pressing buttons to turn things off, so it doesn't really fit the bill in my situation.

What I may end up doing is simply referencing the ps3remotesleep application within mine and have it fire on my hibernation event, that would probably work quite well for the users that have ps3remotesleep working.

mataman Wrote:When I run ps3remotesleep it looks like win7(64bit) is reinstalling drivers for remote but it doesn't disconnect. What am I doing wrong?

Absolutely no idea, personally I don't think it works (i've not tried it but looked at the source code), but other users have reported it to work. Some have even tested the current with an ampmeter.
V2.03 which adds support for the new PS3 bluetooth remote buttons Http://www.benbarron.com/applications
very nice Ben, Do you have one?
I don't know. Someone emailed me the stuff I needed to add support
That'd be me Smile

Unfortunately the mute/volume up/volume down only go over the IR portion of the new remote.
(2012-03-19, 02:32)jdew Wrote: That'd be me Smile

Unfortunately the mute/volume up/volume down only go over the IR portion of the new remote.

Ah right, I did a blind merge (very silly I know) without actually testing anything (not that I can test it - I don't have the new remote). Should I remove the functionality if its useless to the bluetooth side of things? Or have I read what you said wrong.
Oh, a blind merge was fine. I tested the 5 buttons I added thoroughly.

There were 9 new buttons added on it.
The Mute, Vol_Up, Vol_Down, Input only work over IR
However -/--, Instant_Back, Instant_FWD, CH_UP, CH_DOWN work over both BT or IR depending on what device is selected on the remote.
but only 5 of them are over bluetooth. I added the 5 and ignored the rest.

Here's an image of the new remote, It's a universal, BT/IR:

The image shows "Flash" fwd/back, however my remote is labeled "Instant" fwd/back.

Ah right ok, good.

It was a completely blind merge, mind. I did actually check the code manually and everything looked fine. I was a little surprised you could find your way around some uncommented code I wrote when I was about 16. Kudos to you!
Thanks much for the program. Works like a dream.

Having a problem though pairing the remote. The first pair is always fine. From there, what I understand is that if I hold the PS button for a couple of seconds, the remote shuts off. I'm assuming that is true. After that though, I can't get the remote to pair up again after turning it back on/hitting a button. If I try to turn it back on by resyncing it via enter/start, the PS3 button just flashes for a couple of seconds and then nothing. Removing the device from the BT Device manager and readding it takes a couple of tries, but does fix the issue until I turn off the remote again.

Going a couple of days, maybe 3 or at most 4, seems to be just fine but requires fresh batteries after that (at which point, the remote was off and I have to go through the re pairing process again).

What am I doing wrong?
(2012-04-04, 06:10)tankerdin Wrote: After that though, I can't get the remote to pair up again after turning it back on/hitting a button. If I try to turn it back on by resyncing it via enter/start, the PS3 button just flashes for a couple of seconds and then nothing. Removing the device from the BT Device manager and readding it takes a couple of tries, but does fix the issue until I turn off the remote again.
I assume you are using the newer BD+IR PS3 remote (based on your comment about the PS light flashing).
I only have the older model, but I do experience this behavior sometimes... if I mash one of the play/stop/pause buttons on my remote half a dozen times it seems to work itself out.
OK.Just set up an HTPC. Spent the last 2 nights reading all the posts on this thread, twice! Some very good work here, so thanks to Ben for this great tool. I already have it working. It would be great if it could come with default key mappings for specific applications, primarily XBMC.

After reading through all the posts, I think it is obvious people get confused as to what they actually need to play movies via XBMC, controlled by their PS3 remote. Specifically, do they need EventGhost. And, the answer is no.

Once again, thanks for the great work done here Ben, it is much appreciated.
can somebody upload their settings file for the older remote for use with XBMC?

i've also tried using ps3remote sleep but as soon as i execute it, it says "ps3remotesleep has stopped working" and doesn't open. i'm on win 7 64bit. i've tried running it in admin mode, as well as compatibility mode with windows xp, same error every time.

TIA for any help
With Event Ghost I keep getting the below error any clues ?

Exception in thread \\?\hid#{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_vid&0002054c_pid&0306#a&55786dd&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\PS3\__init__.py", line 1060, in run
self.Timer1 = TimerThread(self.plugin, "Timer1", self.longKeyTime, prefix, evtName + ".L")
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\PS3\__init__.py", line 780, in __init__
self.name = name
File "threading.pyc", line 669, in name
AssertionError: Thread.__init__() not called
(2012-04-04, 06:10)tankerdin Wrote: Having a problem though pairing the remote. The first pair is always fine. From there, what I understand is that if I hold the PS button for a couple of seconds, the remote shuts off. I'm assuming that is true. After that though, I can't get the remote to pair up again after turning it back on/hitting a button. If I try to turn it back on by resyncing it via enter/start, the PS3 button just flashes for a couple of seconds and then nothing. Removing the device from the BT Device manager and readding it takes a couple of tries, but does fix the issue until I turn off the remote again.

Going a couple of days, maybe 3 or at most 4, seems to be just fine but requires fresh batteries after that (at which point, the remote was off and I have to go through the re pairing process again).

It should simply reconnect. Might have undefined behaviour if you have a PS3 nearby though! There are a few apps which are said to put the remote into hibernation, however some users have reported it working, others haven't. If you find the readme on my website, I think I link to it: http://benbarron.com/applications/ps3blumote/readme

(2012-04-22, 07:26)chetanzcool Wrote: With Event Ghost I keep getting the below error any clues ?

Exception in thread \\?\hid#{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_vid&0002054c_pid&0306#a&55786dd&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyc", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\PS3\__init__.py", line 1060, in run
self.Timer1 = TimerThread(self.plugin, "Timer1", self.longKeyTime, prefix, evtName + ".L")
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\PS3\__init__.py", line 780, in __init__
self.name = name
File "threading.pyc", line 669, in name
AssertionError: Thread.__init__() not called

This application doesn't use Event Ghost!
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4