• 34(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
I'm having the same problem with Windows 8.1 64bits too..

Any help?
Hi. I have pc in living room with win 7 and xbmc and want to buy used ps3 remote. I have an old bluetooth usb dongle ( this one https://www.google.dk/search?q=bluetooth...80&bih=927)
Did someone try is it going to work with it?
Ps. Do I need to configure something in xbmc to work ( some plugin), or is it going to work if it is installed and configured/bt paired in windows ( and xbmc autostart/ I dont want to have keyboard or mouse connected)?
Does anyone know how I can add the power buttons on the app for key mapping? I'm talking about the new remote with Bluetooth and ir.
Okay, please ignore the last message. I got 2.1 going, when I start it I get a "unable to load remote" error. How do I fix this? Also, where do I find the ps3 remote bt address?
I'd like to be able to start XBMC with the remote.. There is an application start that can be mapped.. how do I set XBMC as that application to start?
I have a Windows 8.1 X64 installation on a Zotac Zbox Nano AQ-01 with Bluetooth 4.0. Obviously XBMC is installed, I'm running the latest version.

Tried to pair up the PS3 remote through the bluetooth 'add devices' screen, but no luck. The remote doesn't show up in windows. I've tried everything, really frustrating. It just doesn't show in the list of bluetooth devices. Whenever I try another device like my Nexus 5 it shows up in a matter of seconds. So the bluetooth chip of the Zotac is working. PS3 also works just fine with the remote, so the remote isn't broken either. I have tried to connect by pressing the 'start' and 'enter' keys simultaneously a hundred times, but it just won't show up.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction, I love the PS3 remote and really hope I can get it to work with my mediacenter...
Thanks for the great little program.. I have only one problem - I cannot map the volume key of the remote to the volume of my PC.

I see on the right side the volume control, but on the left side, where the remote buttons are volume and mute buttons are missing... Is there any way to fix that?

Thank you in advance
hi guys. my blue, red, green & yellow buttons no longer works. the key presses wakes up the remote, but it's not performing its assigned functions. anyone experiencing this?

win 7 x64, xbmc 13.2 gotham, v2.2
For some reason I cant seem to launch xmbc via my ps3 remote anymore. It was working before and not its not.

I am using HotkeyP and setting "Ctrl+Shift+Alt+B to launch XBMC. XBMC icon has the shortcut key. Blumote has "Ctrl+Shift+Alt+B" and its set to Green button.

I know the shortcut works cause I am able to launch it via keyboard but not the remote. I even try assigning the shortcut to a different button on the remote and still cant launch. Any suggestions?

@ dazz87 - i kno exactly what you're goin thru. if memory serves me this is what i did. i created a shortcut of xbmc to the desktop. the trick was to assign a new hotkey to open xbmc. i.e. Ctrl+Alt+K or Ctrl+Alt+Z. if you're lucky it will work on the first attempt. it took me a few times before it worked for me. then assign it to a button that you know for sure works. bcuz my green & other color buttons no longer works for me(even though the buttons wakes up the remote in hibernation), so i assign it to the start button & it works now. good luck.
(2014-10-06, 03:33)alexp4re Wrote: @ dazz87 - i kno exactly what you're goin thru. if memory serves me this is what i did. i created a shortcut of xbmc to the desktop. the trick was to assign a different hotkey to open xbmc. i.e. Ctrl+Alt+K or Ctrl+Alt+Z. then assign it to a button that you know for sure works. bcuz my green & other color buttons no longer works for me(even though the buttons wakes up the remote in hibernation), so i assign it to the start button & it works now. good luck.

Its not the button i just did a test and try to assign it to a working button and still cant get it to launch. Weird how it was working before and not I cant get it to work again.

Resolved it. Looks like HotkeyP was causing it not to work. Remove it now its working....SMH
my hot key to open xbmc stopped working...AGAIN. i was due for an update for my video driver & now the hot key works again. go figure. just thought i share this, bcuz it happens quite regularly for me & some people are having this problem too.
I think I'm having a very common problem here.

First of all I'd like to know what is the latest version of PS3BluMote. 2.03? Because I've seen a a 2.1 or 2.2.2 version around... (maybe unofficial).

Anyway, here is my experience.

XBMC: latest one
EventGhost 0.4.1 r1512
PS3BluMote: 2.03

I pair the remote and everything works fine.
Sadly it happens that when I try to wake up my remote it seems not to be recognized anymore.
The only solution is to delete the remote from the device section of Win7 and look for a new device and pair the remote again.
It's so annoying.

Sad

Any solution?
Thanks so much.
After several replaced Harmony 890's I just installed this software and trying to setup Harmony Control with Hub.

I was able to get it paired best to my knowledge (the blue play triangle is blue) but all the button maps are empty.

How do you start mapping buttons?

Looking at the settings.xml in app data the maps do not have any values entered for them.

I entered the product and vendor ID's suggested here but this is as far as I can get, thank you.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hu...-p/1035875
(2014-04-14, 13:14)ruffpl Wrote: Hi. I have pc in living room with win 7 and xbmc and want to buy used ps3 remote. I have an old bluetooth usb dongle ( this one https://www.google.dk/search?q=bluetooth...80&bih=927)
Did someone try is it going to work with it?
Ps. Do I need to configure something in xbmc to work ( some plugin), or is it going to work if it is installed and configured/bt paired in windows ( and xbmc autostart/ I dont want to have keyboard or mouse connected)?

Update that thing!

AMAZON LINK

I've purchased multiple of these because Windows picks right up on them and just works. The range is amazing as well. I'm able to walk clear across the house, about 50 feet and through 4 walls, and my headset stays connected well enough to chat on Skype.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4