• 2(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
I don't see any new versions other then beta 1.0 still on your site. BTW, thanks for making this program to use. Very usefull and nice. I can definitely come up with a bunch of idea's if your really asking Smile
Yeah - I didn't change the version number....stupid of me I know.....but it is an updated version and the SMS input does work on this version.

I didn't really want to develop the application too much, I wanted to keep it as small as possible for quicker loading/lower resource usage....but what did you have in mind?
Well, not really much idea's to be honest, it's basic and already does what you need it to do. I was thinking though of having the remote image useable.

Check this out. What about the possibilities of having a user be able to select a button on the remote image, and it would then pop up the keyboard action for that button (same as when you double-click on the current button to change now.) instead of looking through the list? Thats really the only idea i actually have to complete this.
djdafreund Wrote:Well, not really much idea's to be honest, it's basic and already does what you need it to do. I was thinking though of having the remote image useable.

That's possible to do, and I know how to do it....its just it would take a while, and honestly...I don't think its really worth the hassle.
cheetah05 Wrote:Hi - I'm actually the developer of this application....so any ideas - fire away.

Also...a new version was released last night which fixed the SMS input.

Hi,

thanks for the app, works great for me. The only thing that bugs me is the need to disconect the remote by holding the PS button in order to save batteries. If it is possible to make it disconnect automaticaly after some while of inactivity, it doesnt need any other changes. Oh and thanks for fixing the sms input, works flawlessly.
minimalko Wrote:Hi,

thanks for the app, works great for me. The only thing that bugs me is the need to disconect the remote by holding the PS button in order to save batteries. If it is possible to make it disconnect automaticaly after some while of inactivity, it doesnt need any other changes. Oh and thanks for fixing the sms input, works flawlessly.

Honestly haven't a clue how to do that (i've tried looking already).....if anyone can find out exactly what message/command I have to send to the remote to switch it off I'd be happy to implement it.....but otherwise, its not really possible.

EDIT: Might be the same as the one used for the PS3 controller (if there is one for the controller)
There should be one, at least for the controller. A feature in one of the newest PS3 firmwares allows for the controller to switch off automatically after 10 minutes of inactivity, so there has to be a way for the PS3/PC to tell the controller to switch off.
i think that in older firmwares it was the same, so it might as well be in the controler.

the wii-mote does it too. which is nice. the search continues.
No longer needed.
Do i understand correct that when enabled the remote shuts down after 30 seconds of in-activity, and it re-connect if you press any key on the remote, like normally?
Link fixed to test application.

sIRwa2 Wrote:Do i understand correct that when enabled the remote shuts down after 30 seconds of in-activity, and it re-connect if you press any key on the remote, like normally?

No - this is just to test whether I can actually get my software to disconnect the remote or not.

So all I need to know....is when you press DISABLE....does it disconnect the remote or not?

....then press enable to reverse any changes made to your computer by my app.

Make sure you follow the instructions closely
Well, i just tried it, and the app looks different then the picture you posted. It only is a small dialog box that says "Remote Disconnect Application" and 'Sony PS3 BT Remote Found' only has 1 function box labeled "Disconnect Remote". I tried it a few times in a row and it didn't work. Funny, cause 2 times i thought it did as i saw it remove 'Connected' from the BT dialog window, but tried it 3-4 times again after to verify, and it didn't seem to do anything.
I am using Vista Ultimate 64bit. But when i hold the PS button for 6 seconds, it does disconnect from the PC, and reconnects again when i press any remote button. So best wishes and luck to get this working. I'm here for any other testing needed to help out. Lemme know...
djdafreund Wrote:*snip*

Hi djdafreund,

Yeah I updated the test app to make it more intuative.

The theory I was testing out wouldn't have worked for you anyways, you are Vista x64 (same as me), this is just a quick-fix for 32bit users.

Thanks for testing none-the-less
Oh, no problem. Any way i can, just let me know though Smile
djdafreund Wrote:Oh, no problem. Any way i can, just let me know though Smile

Thanks.

Problem is, I don't actually think there is anything I can send to the remote to get it to switch it off, I'm pretty sure of that.

And when you hold the PS button for 6 seconds, its not sending anything to the PC either (as far as i am aware).

Thats why I have to try these hacky things to try and get it to disconnect. At the moment I am trying to disable then enable a system device to get it to disconnect, but there is no way to disconnect a system device for x64 in .NET (as I have just found out)....if there is a way, I haven't found it yet.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4