• 9(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
sIRwa2 Wrote:Very Nice Work superarcan. im glad somone picked up the ball. i dont use eventghost. but i'll give it a try.. this feature is the last thing that makes the remote app finished..

Keep up the great work.

Please keep me up2date.
PS what u are using?
the usage @ BDRemotePowerFix:
download and unzip all components in one folder
run BDRemotePowerFix.exe, when all work fine it start writing back

the output @ BDRemotePowerFix:
Code:
[bt] Search for BD Remote...
[bt] BD Remote found.
[D] Search for BD Remote...
[D] BD Remote found.
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
[bt] BD Remote is awake.
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
BD Remote put to sleep.
Loop...
[bt] BD Remote sleeping.
Loop...
Loop...

remarks:
the loop time is according to status of device (longer -60s when in "sleep mode" , shorter -20s when awake)
if u see a short black window flashing when try to run, this mean a exceptions is throw. Please open the application from a cmd/dos window and read (coppy and replay here the exceptions text).
if u see:
Code:
Loop...
BD Remote put to sleep.
Loop...
[bt] BD Remote sleeping.
Loop...
BD Remote put to sleep.
Loop...
[bt] BD Remote sleeping.
Loop...
BD Remote put to sleep.
Loop...
[bt] BD Remote sleeping.
this mean u use an application like HIP who block access to device so can't be put to sleep, to confirm this stop your application and try to run my app.
i can seem to run the app. i Get:

Quote:[bt] Search for BD Remote...
32feet.NET does not support the Bluetooth stack on this device

i use the normal drivers hat came with my Bt dongle Win XP Pro and Cheetah's BD app no other apps
sIRwa2 Wrote:i use the normal drivers hat came with my Bt dongle Win XP Pro and Cheetah's BD app no other apps
32feet.NET it is the lib i use to connect to bluetooth.
This must work with Microsoft Windows stack see here.
I think u:
1. have not Microsoft Windows stack but Widcomm or BlueSolei. (if this is the case u can force, in 95% of devices, usage of Microsoft Windows stack (google for it or see this = work for Widcomm and BlueSolei)
2. your bluetooth is not connected, if so just connect and run app.
Yep You are right.. i was using Widcomm

But i used this link you gave and now i am using the Microsoft drivers.

and it seems to work fine. May i suggest when you make it a taskbar app can you use a red and a green icon to indicate if the device is awake or asleep. and maybe give the option to choose the timeout seconds..

very nice, im impressed
@sIRwa2:
Yes, of course, I come to same ideea now that i used a little: taskbar app, 2 ico, options....
i also try to put a battery level indicator. But this can be manage from EG too.
hope to do this in next days.
Till then you van make a run.bat file like this:
Code:
cd "C:\phat\to\BDRemotePowerFix\folder\"
BDRemotePowerFix.exe > log.txt
and run .bat from EG hidden, u can read log.txt to see the status, it it working , have errors ...
Whats EG?
battery level would be awsome.. can these two apps be united into one? maybe cheetah is interested into co-development.

p.s. i some how double posted.. ehh oeps?
sIRwa2 Wrote:Whats EG?
EventGhost
Ok i transform the BDRemotePowerFix in BDRemotePowerManager.
BD Remote Power Manager 1.0.1 put PS3 BD Remote to sleep mode / sniff mode / low-power state mode, after a time of inactivity to save battery life and show status of remote in systray.
Application work in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (tested only in 32bit env)
Application work ONLY with Microsoft Bluetooth Stack because it use 32feet.NET warpper. ( To use Microsoft Bluetooth Stack with your device on XP see here.)
Application work well with EventhGhost last version an last PS3 plugin.

HowTo Use:
At first run you need to setup Bluetooth address / Device of your BD remote: click on "Populate Items", wait to finish, the application try to find this data for you, if fail you must choose from lists.
After, you can change time in minutes to wait befor put to sleep the remote.
Now, you can start the loop with "Start" button. For any new changes (Bluetooth address, Device, time to wait) to take effect you need to stop and start the loop.
Application save the settings for late use.
Application can be minimize to systray icon and start like this when "auto start at startup" option is used .

Systray icon change color from gray - loop not started, red - Awake, green - Slipping.
The "auto start at startup" option is to start looping when application start, is not connected with windows startup. For application to run at windows startup you need to set this manual.
The application:
- show in main window a log with all operations.
- have build-in UAC manifest to can easy run with full rights (need to manage devices), and MUST be run with full rights.
- make use of treading to work and interact with users in same time.

Note:
This application:
- can interact with other HID Bluetooth device like: Bluetooth Mouse, Bluetooth Keyboard.
- is not working with some applications that block device like HIP.
--------------------------------------------------------------
An AnaAreMere Project.

Download:
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/download...hp?id=1210
http://forum.softpedia.com/index.php?act...&id=712153
I see this myth in some forum post:
Windows 7 have better power management = Windows 7 will put BD Remote to sleep.
False : tested by me and also documented.
Windows 7 put his connection to sniff mood in response to device changing connection mod.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/8...epaper.pdf Wrote:Bluetooth Power Improvements
Windows 7 helps increase battery life by enabling state of selective suspend when it detects that a Bluetooth device has entered a lower-power state. Typically, when the client computer is connected to a Bluetooth device, the radio and the USB bus are always active, whereas the device may be entering a lower-power state if it does not need to use the Bluetooth connection. With Windows 7, if the device enters its low-power (or "sniff") mode, Windows 7 enables a state of selective suspend on the computer, allowing both sides of the connection to save power.
Soon hope, the BDRemotePowerManager will support also Widcomm Bluetooth Stack (depend on 32Feet.Net: http://files.cnblogs.com/procoder/32feet...oadcom.doc)
In some cases the application put to sleep remote after X min from Awake and not from last time a key was pressed (need more debug to see reason).
The icons are easy to mistake with bluetooth stack icon (If someone can help with a set of icons in 3 color all windows request dimension with Sony PS logo and / or Remote and / or Bluetooth)
Try to find a way to get last HID device input without disturb other applications access to resource, so i can read battery level (if someone can help, Please).
My English is very bad, so please correct me.
I wait for more feedback in this forum.
I'ts gold!

Thank you very much. Now comes serious testing!
im a bit busy this next 5 day's, but i can make icons. only need the desired form and size. you know them? or i'll google em later. Also have some questions about the sleep state.. is it a different state the remote is in or is it like an disconnect> like when you terminate the bluetooth receiver?

i hope more people join in on the testing.. love the app so far!!
Hi,

Contratulations to all the developers for the nice work... Quite impressive, indeed.

I have testes in in Windows 7 Home 64bit, running on an Acer Revo r3610, and it works flawlessly with the PS3 BD remote. Just install, "Pair and Play".

However I want to propose a new challenge:

A few months ago, Logitech released this jewel:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remote...2&cl=us,en

Basically, it is a Bluetooth remote from the PS3 but an IR sensor from our point of view...

So it translates IR commands (at least from the Harmony remote, but I guess it will work with any) to Bluetooth.

It keeps the link to the PS3 while it is on stand by, and you can use a Harmony remote (starting from 30 bucks) to control ALL YOUR EQUIPMENTS, including FULL control of the PS3.

So my idea is to put the XBMC on a Revo box (on the back of the flat TV, controlled using the BT of the Logitech Adapter) and use the Harmony remote to control the rest of the equipments, so when I turn the volume up, it will be the A/V receiver volume the one that receives the IR codes to raise the level.

I thought at first that the combination (Harmony + Logitech PS3 Adapter) would be functionally equivalent to the PS3 BD remote (it is for the PS3), but it does not work that fast (it is not "pair & play" ;-P).

I am sure that you can do it with EventGhost, but to be honest, I'd prefer to use your approach as it is much more simple (an thus elegant).

I can pair the Logitech box with the W7, and apparently is the same as the BD remote, but something is not working. Instead of a START + ENTER combination, it has a buttom to connect, and the light starts to blink until it is paired.

I am pretty sure that many people on this forum would be gratefull if you are able to capture the BT keys from this device. I bought one dongle for me and it was a matter of hours until some friends ordered several. It's about 35 euros, and perfect to control the BluRay in the PS3 from a single remote, so, why not using it for the PS3. I ordered 2 so far (one for the PS3, one for the Revo) and thinking on using another for a MAC (I have to test it)

If you don't see the utility, I will say you another application, probably very common...

I have a Sony Flat TV on my living room, connected thru an HDMI to the AV/Reveiver, and a lot of electronic there (A Wii console, an old S-VHS cassette player, an cable receiver, and I have a computer on my office room (a wall appart). I had an unused HDMI output on the computer there, so I decided to buy a cheap 10 meters HDMI cable and connect it to my AV receiver on the living room, on a free HDMI input. So, turning the input selector knob on the A/V receiver, I can see the desktop of my computer on the 40" TV in the Living room at 1080p, and can run the XBMC on the secondary display of the Computer... But, how I control XBMC?

Personally, I use a BT keyboard, but it would be SUPERB if I could pair the Logitech PS3 adapter with the computer, place the IR sensor in the Living room, besides the A/V receiver, and use a Harmony remote from my coach to turn everything on and control it?

I personally would pay for it!!!

Regards
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4