• 17(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
btw I am testing using Win7 32bit because I don't have blutooth on my 64bit machine, but I have used it in the past on that machine and it worked fine.
VoxCommando.com
hmm.. appears to have been the experimental release of blumote.

I unistalled what I had and tried the "download installer here" version.. and viola!!

except Sad

I'm getting very strange behavior.. when I open XBMC the arrow/enter combo works just as I'm used to on my standard keyboard. THEN.. when I choose a movie to play everything changes.. the arrows no longer function and neither does enter. I even tried mapping the "top menu" button to "esc" since the esc key is typically what I use to go "back".. and this didn't work/help either. When I press a button like "top menu" I get a pop window that says something about "MCE DVD..."

one step closer I guess!
Guys - please try the latest version, version 2.0 which is available here: Http://www.benbarron.com/applications/ps3blumote
YES! just saw in on your website. looking good. i'll edit the first post aswell. im glad to see you continue working on it as i use it everyday.
As for xbmc im working on building my own htpc and im already finished testing al sorts of plugins and stuff. the only question is whether i go for win7, ubuntu, or openelec. but the nr1 decider is this great little app, as i cant live without my remote Smile

going to install tomorrow. btw.love the name..

but whats the deal with the hibernation.. does it not work period or only not on win7x64?
sIRwa2 Wrote:but whats the deal with the hibernation.. does it not work period or only not on win7x64?

Well I have disabled the hibernation feature as I had users reporting that it didn't work. However, I have had someone else email me (who has also posted in this thread a few pages back) with an application that does hibernate the remote so I am going to integrate that shortly and see.
yhea, its his program i use in co junction with yours up to today.

superarcan was the user i think, but he also reported also problems with win7. i am on xp still.
sIRwa2; Wrote:superarcan was the user i think, but he also reported also problems with win7. i am on xp still.

No it's another guy, literally a few pages back
cheetah05 Wrote:No it's another guy, literally a few pages back

riaanc is the one

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=932...tcount=225
VoxCommando.com
jitterjames Wrote:riaanc is the one

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=932...tcount=225

Hey guys

You are welcome to incorporate my source code in your application if you wish. I'm still trying to find an answer to the balloon notification for the "Hardware Found" tray icon, but for now, it seems that you'll either have to disable the Hardware detection service or disable the notification. Shouldn't be an issue if you use XBMC fullscreen though.
riaanc Wrote:Hey guys

You are welcome to incorporate my source code in your application if you wish. I'm still trying to find an answer to the balloon notification for the "Hardware Found" tray icon, but for now, it seems that you'll either have to disable the Hardware detection service or disable the notification. Shouldn't be an issue if you use XBMC fullscreen though.

I may integrate this for now until a better solution can be found.
Great application. Could anyone upload their settings file? the one early in the thread appears to be outdated. Also, is there a place that people have uploaded their settings files for other apps? Lastly, is it possible to set the repeat speed? perhaps even for each key. Thanks for your great work.
karatekickz Wrote:Great application. Could anyone upload their settings file? the one early in the thread appears to be outdated.

The one earlier in the thread will be for a MUCH earlier version.

Quote:Also, is there a place that people have uploaded their settings files for other apps?

No not yet, the idea was that people change the hotkeys in their applications so they are the same keyboard hotkeys for all applications. Then you assign these hotkeys to remote buttons in PS3BluMote.

I will look into making some default settings for popular applications.

Quote:Lastly, is it possible to set the repeat speed? perhaps even for each key.

In the next release you will be able to set the repeat speed overall, but not for each key (yet).

If you want to know when the next version is released, its best to follow my twitter account as I will tweet when it is.
karatekickz Wrote:is it possible to set the repeat speed?

Just released v2.01 to include this. Download at: Http://www.benbarron.com/applications
I keep getting the
"PS3 Blumote: Settings load error! An error occurred whilst attempting to load settings. A fresh settings files has been created"

i lose all my key mapping every time i restart my computer.

help?

great app by the way
Thanks
fixed it!
i deactivated SMS text input and the error is now gone
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4