Troubles with suspend mode
I have some troubles with the suspend function. I hope someone can help me.

With XBMC Live on a CD it works like a charm but on my Kingston 2 Gb Pendrive I see only a black screen after turning the system back. Btw. I can hear some clicking as I would navigate through the menu buttons.

My config :

Mobo : Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2L
CPU : AMD Sempron LE-1150 ( plays any x264 720p content flawless)
Ram : 1 Gb 667mhz DDR2
GPU : Asus GF8400 GS 512 Mb
Sound : Creative Audigy 2 ZS (until I can get an SPDIF bracket for my MOBO)

And no HDD ! Everything is streamed from my other room.

XBMC Live Atlantis Beta 1
Quite common problems with Nvidia cards. Nvidia have said they were suppose to fix it in a more recent version of drivers. Cant tell you if they have or not.
Although XBMC Live beta2 might have newer drivers so maybe your lucky Rolleyes
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hopefully...but weird is that with XBMC LIVE CD it works. Same card and same drivers as on the pendrive version.
I've just tested it on beta2 and it's still not working Sad
As a matter of fact it's a bit whorst than beta1 because I could with the earlier release go to suspend mode from Live-CD only Live-pendrive was a problem but with beta2 non of them is OK Sad

Can someone confirm this or am I the only one without using a HDD having that problem ?
These instructions are for setting up a remote, but the first section or two tells you how to setup your xorg and blacklist file for nvidia cards.

http://pmaster.no/howto/lirc_suspend_resume.txt
Thx for the link ! I would like to test it but for some reason I can't go to command line. In beta1 I've used ctrl+alt+F2 but in beta2 I get only a black screen and can't even go back with ctrl+alt+F7. Is there a new key combination in beta2 ?
Tried it but no luck Sad
I've add the line Option "NvAGP" "1" under the device section in xorg.conf
and blacklisted intel_agp and agpgart in the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist file.

The only thing that has changed is that this time I get an error message if I turn tc pc on. Its says .... activation failed...

I hope I can some day get it work Smile
May I ask how do you get the Suspend option to the shutdown menu?
I have Gigabyte MA69GM-S2H mobo with additional Nvidia graphics card there but I don't see any suspend nor hybernate option anywhere. In the BIOS I have enabled the S3 suspend mode...
check your sytem settings within XBMC

default shutdown mode : suspend
Same problem here with Vista & Nvidia card.
When getting out of hybernation the screen returns black and can only gain control of the pc using ctrl+f4 to kill xbmc
It's not a suspend mode of XBMC.. it's the PC going to hybernate and xbmc still running when it does. Media-portal has a specific setting to turn on the screen when returning from hybernate and that seems to work perfect even on my machine. Maybe we need something similar for xbmc?
Again, the fact that there is a suspend option in xbmc itself is nice but not usefull when you tell the pc to suspend instead of xbmc.
mcage Wrote:Same problem here with Vista & Nvidia card.
When getting out of hybernation the screen returns black and can only gain control of the pc using ctrl+f4 to kill xbmc
It's not a suspend mode of XBMC.. it's the PC going to hybernate and xbmc still running when it does. Media-portal has a specific setting to turn on the screen when returning from hybernate and that seems to work perfect even on my machine. Maybe we need something similar for xbmc?
Is this for XBMC Live or XBMC for Windows?
If Your talking about XBMC Live then could you try to press ctrl + alt + backspace when you resume from suspend (when you have a black picture but hear the navigation sounds

mcage Wrote:Again, the fact that there is a suspend option in xbmc itself is nice but not usefull when you tell the pc to suspend instead of xbmc.
Why? at most Id say that XBMC might need to not render stuff when in minimized mode to save resources but what application "suspends" when the System does not.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
My misstake, it's Windows.. I did a search and replyed to the search result and didn't look in what forum folder it resides. Please ignore my misstake. Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Troubles with suspend mode0